Bearded Dragons

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i just bought 3 bearded dragons this month...they are about 3 months old babies. the petstore here has them for about 70 - 100$. i found some online for more and a few for less. the ones i bought kinda got beat up by their siblings ( tail nips, missing toes), but i didn't care. i got a 100 gallon tank for when they are a bit bigger. right now they are in a smaller tank. i got told they are the regular kind - even if one looks like it has an orange head and neck.
they like to go swimming in their waterdish, too.
dianne

Catherine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an adult female beardie called Eddie. She's about two and got very yellow colouring. She likes sitting in her sand pit in the garden when the weather is nice.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got a beardie about two weeks ago now.call him munchkins :8o but he seems happy enough. loves hoppers the odd fly that gets in his tank and one spider that got in there :rolleyes: caught him a few times eating his greens this week :eek:
he loves to come out and play though he has a habit of climbing behind the tv onto the dvd player or satellite box and crashing there for has long as possible. by the way the tank he is in is 4ft by 2ft by 2ft.

Madeline

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beardie sexing

Does anybody know anything about how to tell if they're male or female?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are a couple of pics, he is bigger than her but you can still see how big and bull headed his compared to her also a shot of there tails so you can see how broad his tail is compared to hers, the site I posted already had shots of there underside so I thought I would add these for you. Greg

Madeline

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Again

Thanks Again. Your female looks exactly like my female(she's 8 months old) and your male is the same size as my male but the color is more like the females color(my male's a year and a half).At what age do they mature?

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you travel with a beardie like you would...say...a ferret? Is there a way to do so and still keep them warm?

Laura

Becky Wheeler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello!, Me & my husband own a 5 month old male Beardie called "Spike" He's great! and is very cheeky!. I am also having problems feeding greens to my spike. I read the previous post and I might try it out tomorrow! He loves mealworms & crickets and believe it or not he's also toilet trained! lol. I would post a picture but I'm not sure how to on this forum?