baby Pseudouroctonus reddellii

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought several scorpions a month or so ago and when I looked into her cage this morning I found my female Pseudouroctonus reddelli looking like this.

I'm pretty pumped. The only other babies I ever got with scorpions were from several WC Pandinus imperator females.

I need to look for care info on the babies so I know how to proceed. I have a very small (2i?) Hoffmannius spinigerus and another P. reddelli that is probably 2i or 3i and they have been doing fine but I have only had them for about month or so.

My biggest question is can they be kept together for any length of time after they leave the mother or do they need to be separated from the start.

So far my collection stands at

0.0.2 Hadogenes paucidens
0.0.1 Hadrurus arizonensis
0.3.0 Centruroides vittatus with 2 looking very fat so perhaps many more in the future
0.0.1 Hoffmannius spinigerus
0.1.? P.redelli

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice! Pseudouroctonus are awesome!

I don't believe you would have much luck keeping them together. I have not kept early instar Psedouroctonus but from what I have read they seem to be very prone to cannabalism. I may be very wrong on that and hopefully someone will chime in with a different experience.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice! Pseudouroctonus are awesome!

I don't believe you would have much luck keeping them together. I have not kept early instar Psedouroctonus but from what I have read they seem to be very prone to cannabalism. I may be very wrong on that and hopefully someone will chime in with a different experience.
Thanks, that's kind of what I gathered in my searches. I got all my deli cups ready for the moving day. There is not a lot out there on these guys but I did find out I may be keeping them a bit too dry. I'm going to switch from sand to a sand/coco mix after the babies disperse and keep one corner slightly more damp.

I'm starting to lean away from communal setups. I have 3 Centruoides vittatus together but they are known to be communal. I recently separated my Damon diadema juveniles after losing 4 of them over the course of a couple of months.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Those are precious! I may need to buy at least one scorpion and venture into them a little.