B. Jacksoni

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HAHAHA I was kidding I was hoping for this type of reaction. Anyways i know they have a very painful sting.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Handle one!? I'll handle any T I own but would not even consider doing it with my teeny B. jacksoni. I was watching once as it was walking along the enclosure when it's right claw got hung up on a little piece of coir fiber. Instead of backing up it pushed forward a couple times, paused, tried pushing again, still stuck, then suddenly pulled up it's tail and peppered the entire area of the entanglement with a good couple dozen stings. Then casually backed up off of it and went on it's way. :?
If I had ever had any thoughts of holding that thing they certainly vanished forever right then. What if that was a hair on your arm rather than the substrate fiber...:eek:

Bill
lol.. That must've been a very amusing to see.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tim,

Yes, coco-fiber is fine, as is peat, top soil, etc.

Cheers.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
B jax is a great choice.

i have personal experience with the venom of this species, and its not all that bad.

literally felt like a strong bee sting, with an electric shock sensation.

nothing more.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah I ended up getting a few actually. I had a lot of 2i and they all died. I guess they need a lot more moisture than I thought. I have a 4i-5i that looks like it doing ok. I thought it might not make it. But heres to pulling through, hopefully..

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
great!!!

i got about 16 of them originally.

they all survived in my care, and i used about half of them as trades to get other cool bugs.

the remaining ones i have are all currently molting into 5th instar.

im hoping to get lots of babies!!!!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
B jax is a great choice.

i have personal experience with the venom of this species, and its not all that bad.

literally felt like a strong bee sting, with an electric shock sensation.

nothing more.
Hi Nbond,

How long did these symptoms last? A couple of hours or more? Did you get stung by a juvenile or an adult specimen? An did the electric shock sensation originated from the stingsite, or did it went up your arm/ leg?
I know :) lots a questions :rolleyes: , but I am very interested in these kind of things :D

cheers, Michiel

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Nbond,

How long did these symptoms last? A couple of hours or more? Did you get stung by a juvenile or an adult specimen? An did the electric shock sensation originated from the stingsite, or did it went up your arm/ leg?
I know :) lots a questions :rolleyes: , but I am very interested in these kind of things :D

cheers, Michiel
Hi Michiel,

I was not stung by an adult....

I was tagged by a 3 or 4 instar.....(can't remember)

Just lasted a couple of hours. I was tagged at around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, and the next morning it was completely gone (i was tagged twice really fast)

my electric shock feeling didn't spread very much, it stayed in my hand. I especially felt it strongly when I typed.

I expect that an adult sting would have been a bit worse.....I've read sting reports for these guys, but it doesn't seem all that bad. my experience sure wasnt bad at all!!!!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the info Nbond,

I figured it must have been a juvi, or otherwise the symptoms would be different in intensity and duration.

Ciao, Michiel