- Apr 7, 2007
HAHAHA I was kidding I was hoping for this type of reaction. Anyways i know they have a very painful sting.
lol.. That must've been a very amusing to see.Handle one!? I'll handle any T I own but would not even consider doing it with my teeny B. jacksoni. I was watching once as it was walking along the enclosure when it's right claw got hung up on a little piece of coir fiber. Instead of backing up it pushed forward a couple times, paused, tried pushing again, still stuck, then suddenly pulled up it's tail and peppered the entire area of the entanglement with a good couple dozen stings. Then casually backed up off of it and went on it's way. :?
If I had ever had any thoughts of holding that thing they certainly vanished forever right then. What if that was a hair on your arm rather than the substrate fiber...
Hi Nbond,B jax is a great choice.
i have personal experience with the venom of this species, and its not all that bad.
literally felt like a strong bee sting, with an electric shock sensation.
Hi Michiel,Hi Nbond,
How long did these symptoms last? A couple of hours or more? Did you get stung by a juvenile or an adult specimen? An did the electric shock sensation originated from the stingsite, or did it went up your arm/ leg?
I know lots a questions , but I am very interested in these kind of things