B. Jacksoni care

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In the smaller containers they have cardboard, and it seems to work well -- three have molted with it so far.

In the large container, when they're all adults, I'll try the cork again but with slightly lower humidity.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I only have had some problems with mold on corkbark in Tityus, Isometrus and that kind of tropical scorpions. I have kept the enclosures to humid. B.jacksoni (only) needs up till 70% humidity. If you still get mold, drill more holes in the lid, opposite of eachother. Airflow is what you are looking for.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I think that teh prob is low airflow, associated with hight humidities. I will try not to mantain so higher humidities.

Tks U all

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was getting mold in most containers I tried it in -- the last one I tried was an Exo Terra that has glass walls and a screen lid. I thought there would have been enough airflow. :?

Though, the coco fiber substrate was still quite damp from expanding it . . .

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. Jacksoni recently escaped from its enclosure. Hope I dont get stung.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The small containers my juveniles are in right now all have sealing lids (with airholes). Might not be a bad idea . . .

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had one in one of those exo-terra terrariums for a few days and thought he escaped -- turns out he managed to get into the cord access grooves behind the styrofoam.

And I only found it because of my blacklight. Probably the scorp hobbyist's most valuable tool.