Awesome T find off of craigslist

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well actually it was the other day, I was trying to see if anyone online had any decent ts for sale. I know that most people get rid of the Roseas after they lose their novelty. Then they try to resell it for a ridiculous price.( i know how much they are worth wild caught)
So, i went to the general section and lo and be hold what do i see, a Blondi for sale. Well needless to say i wasn't going to pay what they were asking. So i offered the guy 30 for it.I was so happy when he agreed. Can you believe it!!!!! Told the guy since he hooked me up i would be more than happy to give him a phenomenal deal on some surplus ts i have when he is ready.I am just so happy that i found this 2.5-3inch Blondi for such a awesome price. To top it all off, the guy threw in some supplies to go with it.

YaY Me!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pics, or this didnt happen....lol j/k.....congrats on your amazing deal!

....i also frequent the craigslist for awsome T deals, or T adoptions.....some people jus odnt want'em anymore, and jus want them to go to a good home....i have made several drives out of town to pick up unwanted T`s;)

Last edited:

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations! I wish I could find some good deals on tarantulas on craigslist, but at least I should be getting a good deal on a terrarium today.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here is the little baby i picked up... Isnt she adorable? the previous owner said she likes to give hugs. "With her fangs" . He said it has hugged him several times. I think "i" will hold off on the hugging part!

Attachments

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like Pelinobius muticus, but at 3", shouldn't it have started developing those thick hind legs by now?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha definitely not a Blondi. Of course he didn't mind giving it away for $30.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just looked up P. mictus. It was kinda close. So i measured it. It is 2 inches. If it is actually a mictus and not a blondi i will be highly "ticked"! It does resemble the juvi blondi also....
Worse case scenario, I paid what people who have them on AB charge for that particular species.

Last edited:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just looked up P. mictus. It was kinda close. So i measured it. It is 2 inches. If it is actually a mictus and not a blondi i will be highly "ticked"! It does resemble the juvi blondi also....
Worse case scenario, I paid what people who have them on AB charge for that particular species.
Your T doesn't appear to have any urticating hairs. In which case, it is not T. blondi.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, i might have gotten taken on the species( kinda urked) However, the needs of the blondi and the needs of the mictus are totally different. The person said he had it for a year and he has been keeping it like a blondi (thats what it is supposed to be) Do you think i should change the substrate to a dryer one or wait until the next molt.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, i might have gotten taken on the species( kinda urked) However, the needs of the blondi and the needs of the mictus are totally different. The person said he had it for a year and he has been keeping it like a blondi (thats what it is supposed to be) Do you think i should change the substrate to a dryer one or wait until the next molt.
It's P. muticus ;) which is King Baboon formerly C. crawshayi.

So just provide it enough substrate to burrow if it wants to.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank goodness for AB.. Im still aggravated. I just tried to contact the seller and the phone went to voice mail after 2 rings... Does anyone think what i paid was worth what i got?:wall:

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Regardless of specie if you're happy with it then its worth it. Out here any T around 2" will cost more than $30. To me its a nice and obviously well fed T I would be happy plus now you get the surprise of seeing what it matures into

k2power

Arachnoknight
30 sounds fine if you didn't drive far for it. Are the supplies extensive? Now you know why it hugs with its fangs.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The supplies where as follows:
the enclosure
large unopened pack of moss(shown in pic)
Bottle of that water gel stuff(unopened but i dont use that stuff anyway)
Large bottle of another type of food( said he used it for roaches and something else. also unopened)
Four pieces of bark hides.
and a small water container

the good thing is, is dont have this species yet in my collection.

the bad thing is, i feel like i should have known better. I have been collecting ts for 2 years now. i have 8 blondis however they are all large. i was just so excited about finally getting a goliath sling.. uuugggh

It was only a 10 minute drive also.