Awe Giddy! The blondi is here!

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I just had to get one with all the talk of the "real" blondi being hard to find..
I can't wait to see how these "real" T. blondi being sold end up looking like as adults. I bought a T. blondi from Paul Becker/ Pet Center USA about 10 years ago and it grew up to look like what everyone is calling Theraphosa sp. "burgundy." Yes, it's still alive today. I don't believe it is what the hobby calls T. sp. "burgundy" but I believe there are variations within the species.

Every early instar T. blondi I've seen back in those days were extremely fuzzy and blue-grey in color and every massive adult did not appear with the thick shaggy legs as the pictures being posted here. However, except for my one female in my collection, I've never seen a T. blondi grow from 1st instar to mature adult. Please please please keep every molt from your baby T. blondi and protect them so you can show to all how it develops over time. I plan on doing the same if dealers don't run out of stock by the time I get to it.

All in all though, that is a gorgeous baby T. blondi. I haven't seen one in a long long time. :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't wait to see how these "real" T. blondi being sold end up looking like as adults. I bought a T. blondi from Paul Becker/ Pet Center USA about 10 years ago and it grew up to look like what everyone is calling Theraphosa sp. "burgundy." Yes, it's still alive today. I don't believe it is what the hobby calls T. sp. "burgundy" but I believe there are variations within the species.

Every early instar T. blondi I've seen back in those days were extremely fuzzy and blue-grey in color and every massive adult did not appear with the thick shaggy legs as the pictures being posted here. However, except for my one female in my collection, I've never seen a T. blondi grow from 1st instar to mature adult. Please please please keep every molt from your baby T. blondi and protect them so you can show to all how it develops over time. I plan on doing the same if dealers don't run out of stock by the time I get to it.

All in all though, that is a gorgeous baby T. blondi. I haven't seen one in a long long time. :)
Thanks! I will keep every molt.. I will try to mount the molt if I can.. Like a molt collage.. With details for date size and all of that good stuff.. :)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats redneck!!!! Are those hairs bothering you yet??? LOL!! :rolleyes: These guys are awesome, mine has ate 5-6 crickets already LOL!!!

Congrats man, now go get yourself some steak N shake.:D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats redneck!!!! Are those hairs bothering you yet??? LOL!! :rolleyes: These guys are awesome, mine has ate 5-6 crickets already LOL!!!

Congrats man, now go get yourself some steak N shake.:D
Thanks Rob! No.. The hairs are not bothering me yet.. LoL.. I done had some Steak N Shake.. I just took an 8 hour road trip for some.. OK.. OK.. I didnt.. But I did have a dream I did.. ;P

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I looked on their website and there are a few Steak N Shakes around Dallas. Now watch as Tommy runs out the door! lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked on their website and there are a few Steak N Shakes around Dallas. Now watch as Tommy runs out the door! lol
:eek: There are some in Dallas?! I checked and found one in Round Rock.. But if they have have them in Dallas.. Its deff. time for a Road Trip! Might have a look around for it next time I am up there.. I might go up there for the next expo.. :rolleyes: Yeah.. I know.. I aint made it to a single expo in the whole year I been in the hobby... :eek:
We have them in Michigan! Tommy should come by for a visit some time. :rolleyes:
Oh shoot.. A trip to Michigan.. Steak-N-Shake & a LONG road trip.. I will head out tomorrow! :liar: {D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Seeing the way you and urticating hairs get along, I'd steer clear of the boehmei :confused:. I love mine but the hairs don't bother me too bad. I still find it annoying as all get-out, though. You might end up scratching a bit too much to enjoy your Steak and Shake.

I still have yet to properly tag my boehmeis yet. I think I'll name #1 Owens/Corning and #2 automatic puffball- after watching it poof like the shroom for half-a-million times over the past 10 months- and before I even touch it :)

Terry