Avicularia

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm thinking about buying another T. I want to have an avicularia. But at the moment I'm not quite sure what species. What I like most is A. avicularia and A. versicolor. What do you think I should choose. And don't say, both of them! :)

T

Tarantula

If you are going for a docile tarantula I would go with the A Avic. They are generally friendly but they can jump when startled. If you are going for a "looker" then go for the versi.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The A. Avics can be lookers as well....mine's really bright. I'd suggest the A. Avic....I love mine.

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's right pategirl. I love this pic. She really is one of the most beautiful spiders i've ever seen. Thanks for that, I made my decision...

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're welcome....the A. Avic is also a lot cheaper as an adult than a versicolor.....

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Whoa! Pategirl, that indeed is a gorgeous picture! However, it is the only A. avicularia that I have ever seen, whose colors are so bright. Are you 100% sure that that is a A. avicularia?

BD:?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh, and how is an A. avic setup cheaper than anyother Avicularia species setup? I am planning on acquiring a versicolor, so I would like to know.

Thanks
BD

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I meant that the spider itself would be cheaper....not the setup. I'm sure it's an A. Avic....

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, at least it was sold to me as an A. Avic....it's not bright enough to be a versicolor, but I don't know what else it could be.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey BD, and pategirl

You have an exact A.avicularia! A.versicolors have NOO pinktoes! But A.avicularias do! Great Choice Pyrdacor! Good Luck!

James

T

Tarantula

Yeah that is definitely an A Avic. I have a few of them and they are all like that. They have very distinct patterns as far as their hairs on their abdomens are placed.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pategirl,
Is that a hat in the spiders enclosure? LOL

Ernie

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Actually, that's a teddy bear leg and my pj's in the background....oops...:eek:

redbadger

Arachnopeon
Pategirl
..What a great pic...is it a female....how I wish I had a female for the many MALES that just molted ..one would think outa three adult molts ...I would get JUST one female...sheez:(
I have one more juv to go..maybe I will hold it up to the computer ...so it can get the picture

Erin

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This one is a female. The last one I had turned out to be a male....he's in Mississippi at the moment. He'll be coming back after he does his business there, though. He has a date with the one in the pic.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
The A. Avics can be lookers as well....mine's really bright. I'd suggest the A. Avic....I love mine.
Actually, the one in your picture is PROBABLY an A. metallica. They have a much brighter blue color when light is on them, and brighter purple hairs.

They're often sold as A. avicularias at pet shops, and it looks like you lucked out! :)

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are you serious?!

That picture was taken the day after she molted on the 1st of January...here is a recent shot if you want to compare. I HOPE she's an A. Avic now....

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my male a.avic' went out on breedling loan a good 6 weeks ago, when the babies come you can have some if you like, im in england so postage wont be too bad..

ill cut the price down drastically so your overall feee isnt too great if you want