User Austin S - Picture Thread

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know my Avicularia! I'm mostly just working with Avicularia right now and P rufilata. I have an army of those. ;)

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are a couple more Avicularia species that came in on the same shipment.
Female 1

Female 2 (post molt)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Female #1 Avicularia sp. Kwitara
Female #2 Avicularia sp. Metallica

Kwitara and both metallica live near each other. That's how I got my kwitara.

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 11:22 AM ----------

I'll make sure you get first pick Bob! I'm so excited about your transition to Avicularia. You seem to really love them now! :) I want to get every single hobbyists addicted to Avicularia!

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 11:25 AM ----------

More pictures Austin! I want more Avicularia! I must have more! Lol.

Last edited:

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I prefer easily discernible Avics :D Got a versicolor that just refuses to go adult :D , and a tiny purpurea sling.

Great pics overall by the way, some show me how my eight legged maniacs will look like as adults, and some make me wish I had more space :D

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like a super dull Avic sp. Kwitara. Come on do you actually have a challenge for me? !?! ;)

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 01:58 PM ----------

Looks like a super dull Avic sp. Kwitara. Come on do you actually have a challenge for me? !?! ;)
HAhaa. sadly no! That's all the ones I'm unsure about. Either tonight or sometime soon I'll have some pictures of my Avicularia sp ecuadors and sp columbias up though. That sp. Columbia is the slowest growing spider I've ever had. Got it a year ago almost at 1/4", has molted about 5 times, and is now maybe at 1".... >:/

Doris54

Arachnopeon
Do you have more photos of that aphonopelma hentzi on the natural habitat? I would love to see more about that! Great collection you have mate, beautiful t's :alien:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes.
This is the habitat (had to edit the picture becuasey camera made it look too dark)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[/COLOR]I'll make sure you get first pick Bob! I'm so excited about your transition to Avicularia. You seem to really love them now! :) I want to get every single hobbyists addicted to Avicularia .

Sounds great. I really do love Avics. Right now I own:
. A.metallica
. A.versicolor
. A.diversipes
. A.juruensis
. A.amazonica

I know I need more. Once I've cleared up a lil space...

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Austin, I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

I'm excited, Avicularia is the best genus and nice Avics!

Doris54

Arachnopeon
Wow Austin, it's amazing t's and the pictures are amazing tooo! Nice habitat...

Agree fuzzy, Austin have some beatifull avic's there!:love:

Now i'm almost sure what will be my next T :biggrin:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh okay. Congrats. Do you know off hand how many species you've successfully bred?
Man, been in the hobby for close to 17 years, been breeding a good 12. I have the list somewhere at my house, but its around 20 different species. But have bred probably close to 50 species, with around 30 of that being unsuccessful. Its tough. :/ working on GBB, stirmi, holothele gold, poecilotheria metallica, Avicularia sp Peru purple these past few months. GBBs and stirmi are ridiculously fat, but nothing yet. Although one GBB has made a literal nest. She scaveged her whole take for the softest loose substrate(i do mix's), and brought it all back to one area and has literally made a bed out of it all. Its elevated off the ground by a good 1.5"-2". Looks weird.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holy crap. That's a very long time lol. Congrats and most hobbyist don't understand how hard it is to produce a good sac. You're working on some amazing tarantula's. Do you know the secret to hit on P. Metallica? Sounds promising about your GBB. I hope she lays you a nice big sac! I'm working on breeding GBB right now. I have six girls and one really sick female. I'm actually in the market to buy more.

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Man, been in the hobby for close to 17 years, been breeding a good 12. I have the list somewhere at my house, but its around 20 different species. But have bred probably close to 50 species, with around 30 of that being unsuccessful. Its tough. :/ working on GBB, stirmi, holothele gold, poecilotheria metallica, Avicularia sp Peru purple these past few months. GBBs and stirmi are ridiculously fat, but nothing yet. Although one GBB has made a literal nest. She scaveged her whole take for the softest loose substrate(i do mix's), and brought it all back to one area and has literally made a bed out of it all. Its elevated off the ground by a good 1.5"-2". Looks weird.
Hahaha pic? Thatd be funny to see xD

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hahaha pic? Thatd be funny to see xD
I'll get one on my lunch break

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 10:11 AM ----------

Holy crap. That's a very long time lol. Congrats and most hobbyist don't understand how hard it is to produce a good sac. You're working on some amazing tarantula's. Do you know the secret to hitting on P. Metallica? Sounds promising about your GBB. I hope she lays you a nice big sac! I'm working on breeding GBB right now. I have six girls and one really sick female. I'm actually in the market to buy more.
In the past, I was told heat and humidity. They are tapping non stop towards eachother, but then they stop for like an hour and I end up taking him out. I should be getting some good info from a good friend whos a very experienced breeder, so I'm sure I'll try his approach.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's not the correct information about breeding and getting P. Metallica to drop a sac. How many girl's do you have? And have they've successfully bred yet? I've always use to get gravid P. Mets, but never anything else until recently. She was recently webbed in about a month. And i think the hide was too small, but I just rehous ed her. And now she's webbing herself in again.

Last edited: