Aside from the Mexican Black Kingsnake, are there any all-black snakes?

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Go stick your hand in the crayfish tank again. I'm sure she won't pinch you this time.;P

So, jeb, did you get that garter yet?
Nah! Too musky. not happening til I get a house anyway, and that won't be for a few years yet. Just something I'm thinking about, and I figured, people in the herp hobby like talking herps, so why not have them talk herps to my benefit?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nah! Too musky. not happening til I get a house anyway, and that won't be for a few years yet. Just something I'm thinking about, and I figured, people in the herp hobby like talking herps, so why not have them talk herps to my benefit?
That's the spirit!

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my sarcasm is great and you may have been momentarily confused in person by the straight delivery:D

in any case, a woma or a blackhead is not particularly difficult to care for but they are pretty pricey:eek:

an indigo is not really advised for beginners:embarrassed: even though they are super awesome:drool:

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I picked up on it!! In person I might not have, but the emoticans signalled sarcasm tags to me!:}
They should really make emoticon jewelry and accessories for the less social so we can all understand each other in person.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my sarcasm is great and you may have been momentarily confused in person by the straight delivery:D

in any case, a woma or a blackhead is not particularly difficult to care for but they are pretty pricey:eek:

an indigo is not really advised for beginners:embarrassed: even though they are super awesome:drool:
Sarcasm has always confused me. :eek:

Dessicaria

Arachnopeon
Let me put in another positive vote for the black Mexican kings. They are hands-down my favorite king snake! I've never known them to be nippy, nervous, or even to musk - which I can't say for Cal kings, for instance. I've never been bitten by a Cal king, but they are nervous and flighty and really just don't appeal to me personality-wise.

No feeding issues with black Mexicans, either ... none of this lizard-scenting stuff that you often have to do with graybands, etc. And while some do have a trace of visible pattern, many are completely gloss-black with perhaps just a bit of light under the chin. Very elegant and very friendly snakes. I'd definitely recommend them as starters.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Let me put in another positive vote for the black Mexican kings. They are hands-down my favorite king snake! I've never known them to be nippy, nervous, or even to musk - which I can't say for Cal kings, for instance. I've never been bitten by a Cal king, but they are nervous and flighty and really just don't appeal to me personality-wise.

No feeding issues with black Mexicans, either ... none of this lizard-scenting stuff that you often have to do with graybands, etc. And while some do have a trace of visible pattern, many are completely gloss-black with perhaps just a bit of light under the chin. Very elegant and very friendly snakes. I'd definitely recommend them as starters.
I had the opposite occur with me. Musking MBKs and calm Cal kings. {D I second the rest of your post. I've never had any issues with feeding kings. They are always willing to eat. Sometimes they'll fast in the winter, though, even if you aren't hibernating them. No big deal because they pop right back on schedule.