Arizona blond help

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
I'm glad you found some useful info in the links I provided you, nice to see someone who actually reads the info I provide, let alone citing it later.

Text on a web page is not reliable in the context you and I speaking of. Maybe I'm a Donald Trump, or a Noble Prize Winner, either way, neither can be proved to be true or false.

Well of course cotton provides the nutrients required for mold, that information was provided in the links I provided. There is no "suppose" on those, this is not a hypothesis that requires investigation, no need to reinvent the wheel on this scientific fact.

So based on your statements above, it supports my thoughts that you and any other person who the laws of nature apply, might have mold on cotton balls.
Alright, we'll just make this one a truce. Good conversation, I actually enjoyed it. I learnt somethings, about mold from really extensive research. :) I also have realized your not what I thought You originally were. An a** hole. Nice speakin, with you and see you around the forum. :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright, we'll just make this one a truce. Good conversation, I actually enjoyed it. I learnt somethings, about mold from really extensive research. :) I also have realized your not what I thought You originally were. .......Nice speakin, with you and see you around the forum. :D

Same here!;)

Oh btw, the use of characters to substitute for a curse word is TOS violation. A lot of people forget that one.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well as for your comment asking if I could see the mold spores, surely you didn't think I believed it was possible? That, I assumed was sarcasm, and I perhaps may have mistaken you for someone your not. I have been on this forum for a while now, and I have encountered many posts, and people, who I suppose I could say, we're just not very nice. I think I jumped the gun and assumed you were one of them. As for the comment on whether I am a "moronic primate" or not. I can assure you I'm not and , I don't wish to cause no issues with anyone. More so, just looking to have an intelligent conversation, which of I can agree neither of us have been exactly "citing" our sources. Also take note, technically, the fact I studIED, biology can be used as a source. However since no proof was provided I did do so, then I can merely agree that it's probably not the most reliable backup.

Now, back to the mold topic. You should be happy to know I read everyone of those sites you shared,and I thank you for them. However, like I said previosly, Mold will eventually grow on any substance, surface, etc. This as well applies to clothing (cotton) which is why I am sure at some point you have had mold on your clothing, or couch, or something similar. However, the following is my fault as I failed to mention it in my first post.Now, I suppose cotton would provide, enough nutrients, and even the cellulose it needs. However, but to break this down even more so.... Mold requires certain levels of that humidity as well. 60-80% humidity level is considered ideal for mold growth. However, this would be a water filled cotton dish, with the humidity level well over exceeding that level of humidity. So, Mold growth would not occur, and if it did, it would take a significant amount of time. Also, temperature plays a roll in it as well, like I stated. However the temperature was never threw into this equation so, I, nor you can use it to our advantage in this conversation. But just so you are aware, temperatures between, 60 to 80 degrees farenheit, is ideal for mold growth.

Sources:
https://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm
https://web.extension.illinois.edu/healthyair/mold.cfm
I'm glad you found some useful info in the links I provided you, nice to see someone who actually reads the info I provide, let alone citing it later.

Text on a web page is not reliable in the context you and I speaking of. Maybe I'm a Donald Trump, or a Noble Prize Winner, either way, neither can be proved to be true or false.

Well of course cotton provides the nutrients required for mold, that information was provided in the links I provided. There is no "suppose" on those, this is not a hypothesis that requires investigation, no need to reinvent the wheel on this scientific fact.

So based on your statements above, it supports my thoughts that you and any other person who the laws of nature apply, might have mold on cotton balls.
If the cotton balls are in the water dish and they have mold spores on them (from the air I think the statement was) then the water dishes and everything else has the same mold spores on them as well. If you look through a dozen threads on here about mold outbreaks in enclosures the general conclusion seems to be... if it's not crazy bad don't worry too much about it. Everyone is perfectly fine with mold being everywhere in the enclosure so why is this different?

While I agree that the cotton or a sponge in the water dish is unnecessary (slings and Ts can't drown) it being there doesn't cause any more issues than anything else growing mold. If we are not worried about everything else having mold on it then why this?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
While you make a good point about the mold situation, keeping soaked cotton balls in a T enclosure is utterly pointless. There are much better alternatives, don't think I need to name them.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
While you make a good point about the mold situation, keeping soaked cotton balls in a T enclosure is utterly pointless. There are much better alternatives, don't think I need to name them.
Which is why I said....
While I agree that the cotton or a sponge in the water dish is unnecessary (slings and Ts can't drown) it being there doesn't cause any more issues than anything else growing mold.
I found it amusing that people were making a big deal out of mold on a sponge or cotton ball while not being bothered by mold on everything else. The reason not to use the cotton ball or sponge is that it isn't needed not that it grows mold. Just like rocks in the dish are not needed (they also can grow mold but that is still not important :D).

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Same here!;)

Oh btw, the use of characters to substitute for a curse word is TOS violation. A lot of people forget that one.
My bad! I'm on alot of forums, so I tend to forget. :)

True, it was something I did from lack of supplies, so I just threw it out there.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I found it amusing that people were making a big deal out of mold on a sponge or cotton ball while not being bothered by mold on everything else. The reason not to use the cotton ball or sponge is that it isn't needed not that it grows mold. Just like rocks in the dish are not needed (they also can grow mold but that is still not important :D).[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, but it would probably accelerate the molding process in the enclosure, I don't know how long they were left in there.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
it would probably accelerate the molding process in the enclosure
How so? What would make a cotton ball or sponge grow mold faster than say the side of the water dish? How long has the water dish been in there? If you rinse (or wash) out both the water dish and the sponge is one cleaner than the other? Or do the both still have mold on them?

I don't know how long they were left in there.
How long do we leave water dishes in there? Till they look like they need cleaning and we take them out either for replacement or a good washing. How would that be any different than a sponge?

Again, sponges or cotton balls are not needed because Ts can't drown not because they can allow mold to grow on them just like most other things in the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the cotton balls are in the water dish and they have mold spores on them (from the air I think the statement was) then the water dishes and everything else has the same mold spores on them as well. If you look through a dozen threads on here about mold outbreaks in enclosures the general conclusion seems to be... if it's not crazy bad don't worry too much about it. Everyone is perfectly fine with mold being everywhere in the enclosure so why is this different?

While I agree that the cotton or a sponge in the water dish is unnecessary (slings and Ts can't drown) it being there doesn't cause any more issues than anything else growing mold. If we are not worried about everything else having mold on it then why this?
A few things were going on.

Initially the poster claimed mold was not present on the cotton. I simply do not believe that. When one sees mold, it doesn't arrive in visible pieces/colors. It arrives initially as microscopic spores. That's what really had me posting.

When I see mold, I remove it. I don't let it grow where my Ts lives.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
When I see mold, I remove it. I don't let it grow where my Ts lives.
Fungal spores are everywhere, like in the air hah. Or can you see those too? :watchingyou::wideyed:
o_O :p

Still though, that dish has mold on it if that sponge does. Either way it's a non issue as the cotton ball or sponge isn't need at all regardless of mold. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
o_O :p

Still though, that dish has mold on it if that sponge does. Either way it's a non issue as the cotton ball or sponge isn't need at all regardless of mold. :)
Of course there are mold spores everywhere. However, I don't provide added media to help along with any potential growth. The presence of spores isn't the issue for my husbandry, it cannot be prevented.

Providing additional media for mold/bacteria to form on however is an issue for me at least. Might as well just add honey in there jeez. :p

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Of course there are mold spores everywhere. However, I don't provide added media to help along with any potential growth. The presence of spores isn't the issue for my husbandry, it cannot be prevented.

Providing additional media for mold/bacteria to form on however is an issue for me at least.
I get what your saying and I agree. To me it's like saying the smoke from a T size campfire would be bad for the T. So, we shouldn't build one in the enclosure. When the big point we should be making is a T doesn't benefit from having a campfire which is the main reason not to put one in there.

A sponge/cotton ball is put in there because people think Ts can drown. They can't, so there isn't any reason to add it in. Done. :)

Might as well just add honey in there jeez. :p
If you did, (please don't, I doubt your T would like it) it would help you fight mold and bacteria. I didn't have time to search much this morning at work but here is a cool post on honey and healing from Scientific American. I have links somewhere to papers on it it's properties and medicinal use. :bookworm:

I have to cut honey with a lot of water/juice/etc to dilute it when I make mead. So, the yeast are not killed and they can ferment the liquid. :)