Anyone tried card boxes?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I'm on a DIY kick lately apparently, this had 3 tennis balls in it from Walmart for 1.50, thought it would be good for arboreals and my dog got some tennis balls out of it lol

Attachments

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Kind of funny how once we start keeping T's we view nearly everything as a possible enclosure

magicmed

Arachnobaron
20160819_000341.jpg Stop the presses! Stopped by a card shop today and found these bad boys for .69 cents each. I picked up 8. Removed two of their lids, put the bases together, and we have a great little 2.5"x3.5"x5.5" arboreal enclosure that opens midway!

Last edited:

crlovel

Arachnopeon
I can't believe I've never thought of these! I've got quite a few laying around here somewhere back from my Magic obsession days. From what I remember, they're pretty darn sturdy, at least the ones I had. They wouldn't require any more modifications other than air holes. You're able to buy high-end ones with better locks and hinges, but those would be a waste of money in my opinion.

Awesome find, man. Now you're thinking with portals.
I just read your post and cringed. I was in college in the early 90's. We had a HUGE Games Club. We got into MTG when it was brand new. We all had beta packs, everything. I sold everything just after Antiquities. EVERYTHING. The cards I sold could have bought me a new house now. I let them go for $500. The single worst decision I ever made.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I just read your post and cringed. I was in college in the early 90's. We had a HUGE Games Club. We got into MTG when it was brand new. We all had beta packs, everything. I sold everything just after Antiquities. EVERYTHING. The cards I sold could have bought me a new house now. I let them go for $500. The single worst decision I ever made.
I made more money hustling in that game than I ever did selling my deck. I'd let people go through my deck all they wanted - all Green cards - and they always thought they could destroy me. I was a tank, mate. I dealt almost no damage, but I had recovery, buffs, and debuffs on my side. Ah, the good days.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Elf rush and healing for the win!

Put some biorhythm in there for kicks!

Obvious that's second to the beautiful slivers...yes...be one with the slivers

magicmed

Arachnobaron
20160915_151653.jpg
Thought I'd post this pic in this thread, two 150 count card boxes combined for an arboreal enclosure. Intended species for this one is about a 1.25-1.5" A. Versicolor. Don't worry just haven't added the water dish yet :p