Anyone tried card boxes?

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Nice looking setups. I still am leery of those hinges and latch but at that size the T is not likely to force it. You just have to make sure it's latched all the way.
What would you replace the hinge with, out of curiosity?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
What would you replace the hinge with, out of curiosity?
I'd go with small hinges (acrylic or metal would work and look good) or if you want a cheap decent looking option I'd go with clear packing tape on the back making a hinge.

They sale a lot of small clasps online for the latch. We got a few recently to attach to the cover of a heavy leather book to make my Niece a nice diary as a gift.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Updated it, gave it a more natural looking hide using some jungle vine and pet store plant trimmings. Hopefully that will be secure enough for my little bugger

Attachments

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Updated it, gave it a more natural looking hide using some jungle vine and pet store plant trimmings. Hopefully that will be secure enough for my little bugger
water sub and a place to hide, looks like a win win to me :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Looks good maybe some one asked already and I missed it what sp you going to put in it

elysium

Arachnosquire
Thank you :) I'll take the compliment, but I'm lightyears behind those three. Chris is also huge around here. I just happen to love helping people around these forums, and I have quite a bit of spare time at work. Like right now!

Between working full time and going to school full time, I don't get much social time. This is a convenient way to replace that.
Unrelated, but every time I see this commercial on TV I think of Eulers :rofl:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Just noticed something while messing around with these, if you carefully remove the tops of two boxes, the bottoms will match up and lock much tighter than the normal top. Also giving you more room to play with. I advise lining up the center front lock into their groove, then the back latches slide together nicely.

Bread

Arachnopeon
Interesting, I've been looking at something better than deli cups. I just can't open a deli cup without causing the little guy inside to leg it.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I want to try this but... I don't want to be assaulted by the heaping mounds of buttcrack one has to face entering a card shop.

Maybe it was the card shops I use to visit but other players hygiene made me quit magic.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I want to try this but... I don't want to be assaulted by the heaping mounds of buttcrack one has to face entering a card shop.

Maybe it was the card shops I use to visit but other players hygiene made me quit magic.
Haha it did draw a stinky crowd, I remember that! I believe walmart sells them as well. Probably cheaper too. Or I'm sure you can get them dirt cheap on ebay. Im going to try playing with a couple designs.

Trenor

Arachnoprince

Just order them off amazon. Better selection and no need to interact with humans at all. Win/win.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Haha it did draw a stinky crowd, I remember that! I believe walmart sells them as well. Probably cheaper too. Or I'm sure you can get them dirt cheap on ebay. Im going to try playing with a couple designs.
Post them pics yo!

I have so many horror stories about card shops. I could create an entire post about it haha

Kymura

Arachnoknight

EBay five for around ten bucks. Just make sure they are the 150 count or larger.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Just noticed something while messing around with these, if you carefully remove the tops of two boxes, the bottoms will match up and lock much tighter than the normal top. Also giving you more room to play with. I advise lining up the center front lock into their groove, then the back latches slide together nicely.
Show me!! :)

Kymura

Arachnoknight
This one is actually two bottom sections put together, I'm about to see what I can rig up with one of the two piece slide on boxes too.
Ah! Nice :) Great idea for the lower count boxes!! Those can be got cheaply too :D