Anyone Keep Microtityus?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just curious if anyone keeps Microtityus. Found little bits of info here and there online, but I'm not sure if it has ever been consistently kept by anyone.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Unfortunately no but seen some pics of Microtityus minimus. They're a pretty cool looking little scorp wish I could get my hands on a few of them.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Unfortunately I haven't gotten my hands on them but I am very hesitant. Micro is the best adjective for them. The adults are so tiny.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've found little shreds of care info here and there, but I think it ends up being one of those genera that's almost too small for most people to really want to deal with. With all maxing out at under 1/2" (some 1/4"), they would be a bit of a challenge to raise, let alone the super micro slings...

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know a few people in Europe that have successfully bred them, but these are guys that are the kings in the scorpion hobby. I would love to give it a shot one day, but I honestly do not see them being very common nor in demand. Hopefully a few of us can try our hands at them eventually!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Does their venom pack a punch like other Tityus species?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Just realized that was a dumb question as their tiny size probably means they may not be able to penetrate skin to envenomate.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
People in Erupoe have all the good stuff lol. A lot of breeders have trouble raising Uroplectus sp. To maturity so I can imagine the skill and knowledge it takes to raise micotityus successfully

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just from a little bit of the info I found, they like it dry with plenty of things to hide under. Well, dry substrate anyway because they need the air to be very humid. Right off the bat that's a fun combo. It also eliminates certain small feeders like springtails, which would probably be your best bet for feeding the slings.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Would love to be able to get some Microtityus some day. I would guess Little Kenyan roaches and fruit flies would be perfect feeders for such small scorpions.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Paratemopteryx couloniana might make another good feeder since the newborn nymphs are crazy small too.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alrighty those of you who can absolutely must get a hold of these guys, they are too cute. My stripe tail is not much larger than the adults of microtityus.