Anyone else have tarantula nightmares?

Caitlin

Arachnopeon
Not nightmares about Tarantulas eating your face or something. Nightmares that involve them being hurt. I occasionally have this reoccurring nightmare that someone put all my tarantulas in one enclosure. Usually none of them are hurt but the one I had recently involved one being injured.

Just wondering, anyone else a paranoid tarantula parent?

Timc

Arachnosquire
I often have dreams about all of my tarantulas in the same enclosure and for whatever reason I keep getting distracted and can't separate them. None of them actually harm each other though, which is nice when I wake up but during the dream I'm freaking out.

However, recently I did have a dream where there were 2 6 inch tall snorlax (what?) in my rufilata's enclosure and one was just pummeling my poor girl, while the other leaned against the side and slept. Once again I was somehow unable to help my spider.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I've had a nightmare where a T was eating my face:p

After watching so many roaches get munched and reduced to tiny lumps of chalk, it was inevitable!

sasker

Arachnoprince
there were 2 6 inch tall snorlax (what?) in my rufilata's enclosure
Isn't a snorlax a Pokemon? What does it say about you that you dream about Pokemon? And what does it say about me that I know what a snorlax is? :rofl:

Timc

Arachnosquire
@sasker yes, that is a pokemon. And I really don't even want to know. I haven't played pokemon since 01 or 02 so I'm pretty perplexed as to why they were there. However that's a rabbit hole I don't wanna go down. Lol

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Nope never.. I day dream about tarantulas all the time though.. I have this reoccurring vision of a brightly colored tarantula the size of a capuchin monkey with the attributes and body structure of both Poecilotheria and Lampropelma sp.combined.. It would be glorious :angelic:..

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Nightmares that involve them being hurt.
My most recent tarantula-related nightmare was that someone gave me a bunch of tarantulas as a gift (OK, that part is cool), but there were kids everywhere, and they kept opening the containers.

In particular, I could not get any of the kids to leave the OBT alone despite telling them that it was an "orange bitey thing" and that its bite would really hurt.

Caitlin

Arachnopeon
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was insane for awhile, well more insane than I already am.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I have had so many dreams about my Ts since that thread. I can't recall any of them at this moment, but I can assure you that tarantula dreams have invaded my slumber many many times. Lol!!

Xafron

Arachnosquire
This doesn't quite fit the topic but I really want to share now haha. I didn't even have a T yet. At most I was researching tarantulas a little bit. For about three nights, something really weird happened. I laid down in bed for awhile trying to fall asleep. I felt completely awake though, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. And then I looked down my bed, and up the blankets came some big black bug at least half a foot across up towards me (it was dark, my glasses were off and I could not see it clearly) . Every single night this happened I sat up as quickly as possible, threw the blankets over it and jumped out of my bed and every single night nothing was under the blankets no matter how long I searched.

Not sure what the cause was...but it happened multiple nights. It was really bizarre. It felt like a hallucination rather than a dream, and it was recurring.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Not sure what the cause was...but it happened multiple nights. It was really bizarre. It felt like a hallucination rather than a dream, and it was recurring.
A night terror, perhaps? They usually occur during the first hour of sleep, and you often don't even realize you were asleep. A night terror doesn't feel like a nightmare; it feels like you are awake, but you are on a sort of irrational autopilot.

I used to have night terrors every now and then and would often "see" a spider descending from the ceiling toward my face (strange, because I've never been afraid of spiders). A sense of dread and panic would overcome me, and I would bolt out of bed and start running toward the door. Then after a few steps, I would come to my senses.

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
@Ungoliant, your comment made this song pop into my head. :)

The song might seem totally irrelevant in the beginning, but every one of you: wait till the 2nd verse of the song! ;)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
No nightmares but just run-of-the-mill boring dreams with Ts in them. Sometimes the Ts are wandering my home freely, sometimes they're just in their enclosures. Sometimes they were more colourful than in reality or larger, extra legs, etc., but in the dream that was considered 'normal.'
I think I vaguely recall a dream where a T was nibbling my toast.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I once dreamed that I saw a huge T that must've had a 20 inche leg span, it was a huge pampho looking T, it felt like I was in the rainforest, I was surrounded by trees and tasted the fresh jungle air. I tried to catch it and it ran down its huge burrow. I remember feeling helpless, desperately trying to dig it out with no success. Let's hope this one was a deja vu...

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
I've had nightmares where someone squishes one of my Ts for whatever reason. Very distressing.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Oh yeah, I've had them, not as much as I used to, but I do have those nightmares every now and then. My nightmares usually involve one tarantula getting into the enclosure of another somehow. Most of the time it involves my P. Cancerides or my B. Albopilosum.