Any New Additions?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Probably just moody like every other smithi 🤣 I reckon her butt will look like that about a month post moult, even my SO with 35+ years experience can't keep hair on a smithi 😆

I hope you called her Egglantine btw her booty really does look like a boiled egg with a fur scarf 🤣
My oldest B. hamorii and last one left lost during pandemic 🥲never got that bald . What’s this new smithi? So different it looks the almost identical .
I added more ventilation to my sling containers I got last year . Had not had a t this size in a decade. Could be while til I can afford more. IMG_8162.jpeg

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My oldest B. hamorii and last one left lost during pandemic never got that bald . What’s this new smithi? So different it looks the almost identical .
I added more ventilation to my sling containers I got last year . Had not had a t this size in a decade. Could be while til I can afford more. View attachment 473344
My hamorii is chill so is my emilia but adult smithi moody, baumgarteni wants to kill everything from about an inch big , klassi not defensive but bolty, albiceps a total nut hence why he was called Nut. But its only my experience with them and all t are individuals you never know what you'll get 😊 but 90% of adult smithi I have known are moody n kick as soon as they are disturbed.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
My hamorii is chill so is my emilia but adult smithi moody, baumgarteni wants to kill everything from about an inch big , klassi not defensive but bolty, albiceps a total nut hence why he was called Nut. But its only my experience with them and all t are individuals you never know what you'll get 😊 but 90% of adult smithi I have known are moody n kick as soon as they are disturbed.
Funny that's more or less my experience with the different brachy species too! My AF albiceps is my worst to deal with she's an absolute psychopath and one of the only spiders I have that I feel the need to be extremely cautious around, she just wants to murder the world haha, and yeah my hamorii & emilia are by some stretch the most chill!

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
My oldest B. hamorii and last one left lost during pandemic 🥲never got that bald . What’s this new smithi? So different it looks the almost identical .
I added more ventilation to my sling containers I got last year . Had not had a t this size in a decade. Could be while til I can afford more. View attachment 473344
Apart from my Tlilocattls (Albo and Verdezi) these 3 tarantulas are my absolute favourite! I just fed my Ts tonight and the feeding response from my A Genic and my Nhandu Carapoensis was incredible! Sadly my V Chromatus doesn’t seem to be hungry (it’s my absolute favouite tarantula in looks though). The feeding response by my T Vagans was awesome too!

I also love my baby LP and my Pampho Antious :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Funny that's more or less my experience with the different brachy species too! My AF albiceps is my worst to deal with she's an absolute psychopath and one of the only spiders I have that I feel the need to be extremely cautious around, she just wants to murder the world haha, and yeah my hamorii & emilia are by some stretch the most chill!
My SO's are the same too he has 9 smithi females and I think 4 albiceps females and they are all bad tempered little so n so's with no hair on the booty 😆 .
When I first started with t's Brachypelma were recommended as a beginner sp but personally I think hamorii and emilia are the only ones that should be on that beginner list. My chilobrachys are easier to deal with then my smithi, albiceps or baumgarteni. Although I will say the baumgarteni aren't as bad as smithi and albiceps but still grumpy for a beginner sp and grumpy from a much smaller size.
I love Brachypelma, I even get called the Brachypelmama by family but dam they be moody .

Apart from my Tlilocattls (Albo and Verdezi) these 3 tarantulas are my absolute favourite! I just fed my Ts tonight and the feeding response from my A Genic and my Nhandu Carapoensis was incredible! Sadly my V Chromatus doesn’t seem to be hungry (it’s my absolute favouite tarantula in looks though). The feeding response by my T Vagans was awesome too!

I also love my baby LP and my Pampho Antious :)
All hail the geniculata 😆 they are all great sp to keep! Caraponensis is my favourite Nhandu, I have a saf and she is an exquisite steel blue n fire red ball of floof that will take on anything that dares to go in her viv, took me ages to get a pic where both colours showed up, Screenshot_20240106_121424_Chrome.jpg
Half light half shade was the trick but truly a gorgeous t I never understood why more ppl don't have them! N don't worry my chromatis is in no food mode atm too just means we will moult soon 😊

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
My SO's are the same too he has 9 smithi females and I think 4 albiceps females and they are all bad tempered little so n so's with no hair on the booty 😆 .
When I first started with t's Brachypelma were recommended as a beginner sp but personally I think hamorii and emilia are the only ones that should be on that beginner list. My chilobrachys are easier to deal with then my smithi, albiceps or baumgarteni. Although I will say the baumgarteni aren't as bad as smithi and albiceps but still grumpy for a beginner sp and grumpy from a much smaller size.
I love Brachypelma, I even get called the Brachypelmama by family but dam they be moody .

All hail the geniculata 😆 they are all great sp to keep! Caraponensis is my favourite Nhandu, I have a saf and she is an exquisite steel blue n fire red ball of floof that will take on anything that dares to go in her viv, took me ages to get a pic where both colours showed up, View attachment 473436
Half light half shade was the trick but truly a gorgeous t I never understood why more ppl don't have them! N don't worry my chromatis is in no food mode atm too just means we will moult soon 😊
She is gorgeous 😍😍😍 after coming home from work I can see the Vitalius Chromatus HAS eaten well 😃 my baby LP is an eating machine (I’m sure it will molt soon). My H A Palladius isn’t a good eater though :confused:

When I first got into Ts I thought the Nhandu Carapoensis, Brachypelma Bohemi and Brachy baumgarteni were the most gorgeous Ts. It’s hard to find a B baumgarteni though. If I recommended a T for a beginner now I’d recommend T Albo as no. 1 and G Pulchripes as no. 2 (T Verdezi has GOT to be on the list though. I love it and can’t understand why they aren’t as popular as many of the others).

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
She is gorgeous 😍😍😍 after coming home from work I can see the Vitalius Chromatus HAS eaten well 😃 my baby LP is an eating machine (I’m sure it will molt soon). My H A Palladius isn’t a good eater though :confused:

When I first got into Ts I thought the Nhandu Carapoensis, Brachypelma Bohemi and Brachy baumgarteni were the most gorgeous Ts. It’s hard to find a B baumgarteni though. If I recommended a T for a beginner now I’d recommend T Albo as no. 1 and G Pulchripes as no. 2 (T Verdezi has GOT to be on the list though. I love it and can’t understand why they aren’t as popular as many of the others).
I am glad they have eaten hopefully your palladius will pick up soon.

My first t was a Brachypelma baumgarteni she was a female called Pip I had her about 18 months then one morning I came down she had removed her leg and bled out during the night , I am still not sure why or how and it still upsets me greatly, but for my birthday last year because I missed Pip so much my mum got me another baumgarteni sling from creatures from the North they still have them in now I think £55 if i remember correctly. I got a male this time he is called baby but they are 100% worth the price tag the beauty irl is amazing, I hope to one day get a female again.
Thank you she's one of my favourite looking t's no one told me they were blue n red I just liked her floof on the sellers pic 😆
That's a great beginner list I don't think I would change any except baumgarteni they like to kill stuff and unless you've done research that can be daunting for a newbie I would change baumgarteni for emilia they are much more chill and less bolty 😊

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
I am glad they have eaten hopefully your palladius will pick up soon.

My first t was a Brachypelma baumgarteni she was a female called Pip I had her about 18 months then one morning I came down she had removed her leg and bled out during the night , I am still not sure why or how and it still upsets me greatly, but for my birthday last year because I missed Pip so much my mum got me another baumgarteni sling from creatures from the North they still have them in now I think £55 if i remember correctly. I got a male this time he is called baby but they are 100% worth the price tag the beauty irl is amazing, I hope to one day get a female again.
Thank you she's one of my favourite looking t's no one told me they were blue n red I just liked her floof on the sellers pic 😆
That's a great beginner list I don't think I would change any except baumgarteni they like to kill stuff and unless you've done research that can be daunting for a newbie I would change baumgarteni for emilia they are much more chill and less bolty 😊
I think Bohemi and Emilia look similar with the legs and the carapace, they look more unique than Smithi, Harmorii & Aratum (but all are stunning and awesome 😎). Brachypelma Baumgarteni looks stunning, like a different version of Boehmei & in some pictures like a M Robustum (I would not recommend, despite an absolute STUNNING colour they are burrowers and always hide 🥲).

I think Brachypelma Albiceps looks quite similar to an A Anax (but the Brachy has more colour) and similar to a T Vagans too apart from the carapace.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I think Bohemi and Emilia look similar with the legs and the carapace, they look more unique than Smithi, Harmorii & Aratum (but all are stunning and awesome 😎). Brachypelma Baumgarteni looks stunning, like a different version of Boehmei & in some pictures like a M Robustum (I would not recommend, despite an absolute STUNNING colour they are burrowers and always hide 🥲).

I think Brachypelma Albiceps looks quite similar to an A Anax (but the Brachy has more colour) and similar to a T Vagans too apart from the carapace.
Yep can't go wrong with a Brachypelma or Tliltocatl or any t for that matter 😆 they ate all gorgeous 😍

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Helped out at an expo this weekend and got some new critters.

P lugardi
1000007562.jpg

Armored trapdoor
1000007564.jpg

2 asian forest scorpions (one had scorplings), a few new jumping spiders and a curtain web spider. Fun times!

I am Raf

Arachnopeon
So, I just came back from BTS and I've added another 30 inverts to my collection, most of them are slings/unsexed since I fell for the trap of mystery boxes once again 🥲 ...

2x T blondi
1x A gen
1x G pulchra
1x O. sp "Phan Cay Blue"
1x H membracanea (giant asian mantis)
1x S dehaani "Black Flame Tip"
10x M balfouri
1x C versicolor
1x P chordatus (confirmed female)
1x C hosei
1x P laevis colony (orange isopods)
1x T georgicola (black wolf spider)
1x C sp. "Hati Hati"
1x A moderatum
1x P murinus "Usambara"
1x M robustum
1x C cyaneopubescens
3x B simoroxigorum (confirmed pair and a sling)

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
So, I just came back from BTS and I've added another 30 inverts to my collection, most of them are slings/unsexed since I fell for the trap of mystery boxes once again 🥲 ...

2x T blondi
1x A gen
1x G pulchra
1x O. sp "Phan Cay Blue"
1x H membracanea (giant asian mantis)
1x S dehaani "Black Flame Tip"
10x M balfouri
1x C versicolor
1x P chordatus (confirmed female)
1x C hosei
1x P laevis colony (orange isopods)
1x T georgicola (black wolf spider)
1x C sp. "Hati Hati"
1x A moderatum
1x P murinus "Usambara"
1x M robustum
1x C cyaneopubescens
3x B simoroxigorum (confirmed pair and a sling)
WOW all of them? Which mystery boxes and how many did you buy? I’m considering getting my first mystery box soon!

I am Raf

Arachnopeon
WOW all of them? Which mystery boxes and how many did you buy? I’m considering getting my first mystery box soon!
Yeah, I usually go to multiple shows in a year but this time BTS was the only one I'll be attending so I splurged. Not gonna lie, if felt a lot better than buying a bit here and a bit there every month or so, so I'll probably start saving up now and only go to one show in 2025 as well and go all out.

I've had 4 mystery boxes in total, one I won in a giveaway and just collected at the show. I bough two £100 boxes from Spa Spiders and one £100 box from CFTN

Tarantula1996

Arachnopeon
I was on a tight budget this time around at the St. Louis reptile show, but managed to pick up my second pokie ever. A P.rufilata sling and can’t wait to watch it grow! IMG_0582.jpeg