Any New Additions?

jennywallace

Arachnopeon
I've got 2 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and 2 Hysterocrates gigas coming on Thursday. All slings. Had C. cyan before but H. gigas new to me. Heterometrus spinifer and Lucihormetica verrucosa also in the package.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Picked up this pretty girl today (B. boehmei). Totally an impulse buy, but no regrets. At 50 bucks, how could I say no? Looking a little scraggly right now with a nearly bald rump from flicking hair, but she'll look sharp after a molt! IMG_20230424_205035766_HDR~2.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Found a new (to me) local shop today and was pleased to see some cool T's in stock. I ended up bringing this recently molted 2.75" DLS Tapinauchenius plumipes home with me, and after examining the exuvia that was still in with it, discovered that it's a female! She's pretty, and I can't wait to get her set up in a new enclosure.
P4240020.JPG
P4240014.JPG
20230424_222548.jpg 20230424_222745.jpg

Attachments

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Eventually after 16 days waiting my new baby's arrived, I would like to welcome
20230427_142042.jpg
Nhandu coloratovillosus juvenile female Nina enjoying her first meal in my care guarding her travel tube so I can't have it 😆
20230427_190729.jpg
Nhandu tripepii juvenile female Norma Jean as one day she will be a beautiful blonde bombshell too 😊
20230427_171613.jpg
Brachypelma baumgarteni juvenile unsexed, Baby 😊 so excited to have one of these in my collection again not only is that once again all the Brachypelma but just look at her how could you not need one 😊 she was only ment to be 1cm sling too definitely more like 2 inches 😁
20230427_121050.jpg
And the smallest freebie psalmopoeus pulcher Treacle as the female pulcher I already have is called Puddin 😊

Welcome to the family little ones 😊

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Eventually after 16 days waiting my new baby's arrived, I would like to welcome
View attachment 443989
Nhandu coloratovillosus juvenile female Nina enjoying her first meal in my care guarding her travel tube so I can't have it 😆
View attachment 443995
Nhandu tripepii juvenile female Norma Jean as one day she will be a beautiful blonde bombshell too 😊
View attachment 443996
Brachypelma baumgarteni juvenile unsexed, Baby 😊 so excited to have one of these in my collection again not only is that once again all the Brachypelma but just look at her how could you not need one 😊 she was only ment to be 1cm sling too definitely more like 2 inches 😁
View attachment 443997
And the smallest freebie psalmopoeus pulcher Treacle as the female pulcher I already have is called Puddin 😊

Welcome to the family little ones 😊
Wow, lots of new faces that's awesome :D Though I must say Nina does look very much like she is an N. chromatus.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Wow, lots of new faces that's awesome :D Though I must say Nina does look very much like she is an N. chromatus.
I thought so too but she was bought as a coloratovillosus from creatures from the north and her travel pot said coloratovillosus too but I have never had one of these before so I wasn't sure if these were juvenile markings and she would change or they had misidentifide her. My SO said chromatis too lol.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
I thought so too but she was bought as a coloratovillosus from creatures from the north and her travel pot said coloratovillosus too but I have never had one of these before so I wasn't sure if these were juvenile markings and she would change or they had misidentifide her. My SO said chromatis too lol.
Nhandu coloratovillosus Juvenile Female | Arachnoboards
Nhandu chromatus Juvenile Female | Arachnoboards

- These two pics from the same user show the two species off well as juvenile specimens, and the differences between them (though sizes not specified). IMO Nina's leg markings show that you have a chromatus on your hands.

Last edited:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Nhandu coloratovillosus Juvenile Female | Arachnoboards
Nhandu chromatus Juvenile Female | Arachnoboards

- These two pics from the same user show the two species off well as juvenile specimens, and the differences between them (though sizes not specified). IMO Nina's leg markings show that you have a chromatus on your hands.
Yeah, the patellas should be solid white on N. coloratovillosus - not striped like yours. The carapace should be dark, as well. Looks like the vendor mixed them up, dang it! It's still a beautiful T, but that's frustrating.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, the patellas should be solid white on N. coloratovillosus - not striped like yours. The carapace should be dark, as well. Looks like the vendor mixed them up, dang it! It's still a beautiful T, but that's frustrating.
Thanks for letting me know would have been waiting forever for her to change 🤣. I have contacted the seller but nothing yet 🤞 they sort this out. Although it's creatures from the north he may just ignore me lol.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
0.0.3 Thrixopelma sp. "Sullana", a 5i Pandinus imperator that turned out to be female when I checked her underside, and a bit prior to that 0.0.3 Omothymus schioedtei.

Also have 0.0.2 P. muticus and 0.0.1 Phormingochilus arboricola on the way....

DaveOB

Arachnopeon
I have 2 P. subfusca Highland juveniles arriving on Wednesday. Can't wait!
Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to join the exalted ranks of subfusca Highland keepers! My spiders arrived this morning safe and sound, but I had a phone call from the dealer apologising that they'd been mis-labelled on their website and were actually Lowland. I had the option to send them straight back, but I've decided to keep them. They're now correctly labelled on the website, and at a lower price, so they're refunding me the price difference and the shipping costs.
I'll just need to rethink my housing options when they get bigger, as I was hoping for a slightly smaller spider and I understand that the Lowland can get quite large. They're about 70mm DLS right now so that's a problem for the (near) future!

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Got the P. muticus today. Not a very common species in the trade over here so glad to have gotten them when I had the chance. The P. arboricola also came in fine.

Last edited:

jennywallace

Arachnopeon
Got 2 Caribena versicolor coming hopefully on Wednesday. Not had this species before so looking forward to receiving them. Both unsexed juveniles.

dimensionaut

Arachnopeon
Went to an expo on Sunday and picked up a Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue, Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati, and a Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma. I'm very excited about all 3, but especially the Sabah Blue. It's been on my list since I got into the hobby.