Any New Additions?

Tarantula1996

Arachnopeon
Received two T. blondis yesterday because of a super sale and could pass them up, they are about 2-3 inches each and I love them dearly already.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Newest editions is a Psalmopoeus irminia and a cambridgei! Already so fascinated with these two little guys and picked them up from a local breeder! Gotta love no 50 dollar shipping on slings ! Watching them happily dig burrows And fling dirt right into the water bowls was so cute! 38A34149-927A-4CE4-8B47-D2D0922EADE8.jpeg 0D303AD7-1A6A-4DC4-A960-C14D76410A48.jpeg 80DD4224-889A-4E68-8696-A2F465269ED0.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
In January, I sent my mature male Idiothele mira to @Jasbury, who has a mature female. Today three of his offspring arrived. I can't wait to see them build their little trap doors.

Slings:

Dad:

LazyWorldDestroyer

Arachnopeon
My first T ever came in today. This is Tortuga my Caribena Versicolor. He/She is settling in very nicely. Very relaxed exploring and lately has spent the past hour cleaning itself extensively.
20200520_135711.jpg

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
After some thorough research and careful deliberation over the last few months, today I picked up a S. calceatum sling. It's extremely tiny but looks healthy and ate a mealworm chunk immediately. This was one of the species I've always been the most interested in, but the bite reports and their reputation as being unpredictable and lightning fast scared me away for a long time. After looking at them online for months, today there were slings available at my local pet shop and I decided to go for it. I'm cautious but at the same time very excited.

menkent

Arachnopeon
Last week I got a juvenile A seemanni, a 1.5" T verdezi, and a tiny Aphonopelma moellendorfi sling that I just love.

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
Received Cyriocosmus giganteus, Cyriocosmus sellatus and Pterinopelma sazimai slings yesterday. (That's 5 Cyriocosmus species for me now!) So excited for them to grow up! Luckily the Cyriocosmus slings are not crazy small anymore, yet still really tiny.

C. giganteus:
IMG_20200527_150552.jpg

C. sellatus:
IMG_20200527_145226.jpg

P. sazimai:
IMG_20200527_145916.jpg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Got 3 new additions yesterday;

Tiny little B. albiceps sling that I look forward to spending an ice age before it actually looks like its species.

20200527_113246.jpg

And a 1.1 pair of Linothele megatheloides; the male matured early this month, and while the female definitely has some room to grow she should be ready to rock. Gonna give them both time to settle and feed up the female before trying to pair, hopefully I get a sac out of them!

The female, who has already webbed a crazy amount.
20200527_222359.jpg

And the male, who is incredibly leggy. I kind of underestimated just how large he would be. His body is roughly the same size as the female's if not a little smaller, but he's definitely got some leg span on her.
20200527_115530.jpg

Brachalakin

Arachnopeon
Got 3 new additions yesterday;

Tiny little B. albiceps sling that I look forward to spending an ice age before it actually looks like its species.

View attachment 346594

And a 1.1 pair of Linothele megatheloides; the male matured early this month, and while the female definitely has some room to grow she should be ready to rock. Gonna give them both time to settle and feed up the female before trying to pair, hopefully I get a sac out of them!

The female, who has already webbed a crazy amount.
View attachment 346595

And the male, who is incredibly leggy. I kind of underestimated just how large he would be. His body is roughly the same size as the female's if not a little smaller, but he's definitely got some leg span on her.
View attachment 346596
The T Albo will grow quickly IMHO, it is actually the fastest growing T i have in my collection, however it was labeled "honduran curly" at a reptile show i went to last year and acquired as a 1/2 in sling, now less than a year later It is 2 inches at least 😀, happy T'ing

Thekla

Arachnoprince
The T Albo will grow quickly IMHO, it is actually the fastest growing T i have in my collection, however it was labeled "honduran curly" at a reptile show i went to last year and acquired as a 1/2 in sling, now less than a year later It is 2 inches at least 😀, happy T'ing
Yes, a T. albo would grow relatively quickly, but not a B. albiceps. :p

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Oh dang, my bad, too quickly I read, lol, you do have some time on your hands, but jelly for sure as your unicorn is on my list 😉
Lol yup. I'm tired of holding out for a larger specimen that isn't ridiculously overpriced, and my G. pulchra have taught me patience when it comes to growth. 🤣