Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
most likely, yes, u are right. However, we always need to keep in mind that whitei is a species-complex, and we do not know what turns out in the end being a separate species and what is the 'real' whitei.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
most likely, yes, u are right. However, we always need to keep in mind that whitei is a species-complex, and we do not know what turns out in the end being a separate species and what is the 'real' whitei.
hell, it's hard enough getting a group of biologists to agree on what even constitutes a "species" :rofl:

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
True! I put it wrong. According to our current knowledge (taxonomy).
Thanks!

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
Can someone show me Charon grayi
female and male genitalia? I have 4, but all genitals look the same to me.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
depends on which population/island u are refering too. Bevcause in same cases it is much easier and safer with the presence of reddish hairs on the posterior margin of the genital operculum in females!

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
depends on which population/island u are refering too. Bevcause in same cases it is much easier and safer with the presence of reddish hairs on the posterior margin of the genital operculum in females!
Hi!
The population of Mindanao. Do they also have reddish hairs? Unfortunately, I haven't seen one, then they are all male. 😔

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yes, Mindanao and Cebu have them. Negros and Luzon and others not.

make some pictures, handle them between your fingers and make a foto...

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
I try. They weren't keen on me holding them yesterday. I didn't see hair even at 20x magnification.

The ceylonicus 2 pseudo-pregnancies have ended, the third individual is still carrying it. However, since then there are other 2-sexed egg sacs under females number four and five. 😁

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
check the ceylonicus operculum being sure that u look at the right position. They do also have this reddish hairs in females

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Hey there @Banshee05 I know you mentioned that P. goesii are bigger in Martinique vs St. Martin. Would you happen to have a side by side?

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
unfortunately not.
MINE Martinique were big as e.g., exsul, or even more massiv.
All other goesii I had/have are a drawf compared to ;)
however, no picture hand by hand are available. I was never able to breed my 3 female goesii from Martinique.
AND however again, most likely it is just a affect of time and density.

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
Hello,
One thing is for sure, the Goesii from Guadeloupe is bigger than the St. Maartini. St. Maartini was born under care of Banshee05 in 07/2019, Guadeloupe was born under my care in 01/2021. Both are female.
The photos were just taken with phone because of the post, the quality is not so good, sorry.

Goesii from St. Maartin

IMG_20220728_185139.jpg

Goesii from Guadeloupe

IMG_20220728_185632_1.jpg

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Hello,
One thing is for sure, the Goesii from Guadeloupe is bigger than the St. Maartini. St. Maartini was born under care of Banshee05 in 07/2019, Guadeloupe was born under my care in 01/2021. Both are female.
The photos were just taken with phone because of the post, the quality is not so good, sorry.

Goesii from St. Maartin

View attachment 424966

Goesii from Guadeloupe

View attachment 424967
That quality is perfect. Thank you so much!

Odium

Arachnopeon
D. medius exuvium, SEM.

"Whips":
1.jpg >> 2.jpg >> 2+.jpg
Chelicera:
3.jpg >> 6.jpg
Fungi on the surface of the cuticle:
4.jpg >> 5.jpg
Pedipalp:
7.jpg >> 8.jpg
Apotele: