Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

AtomicAnt

Arachnopeon
Great Pictures, Jordan, You should link to your website. Other than Orin McMonigle's books, you are the best source of information on these guys out there. I don't understand how you get these photos so well lit. I have a Damon Diadema and Phrynus sp. And any bright light makes them instantly nervous and prone to flee. How do you do it?

JordanC

Arachnopeon
Great Pictures, Jordan, You should link to your website. Other than Orin McMonigle's books, you are the best source of information on these guys out there. I don't understand how you get these photos so well lit. I have a Damon Diadema and Phrynus sp. And any bright light makes them instantly nervous and prone to flee. How do you do it?
Thanks a lot!
Here is my website : https://jordancadiot.wixsite.com/jordancadiot/2?lang=en

About the photos well, i'm patient ahah (and the animals also!). It doesn't take long usually, they are often calm once out of their enclosure and let me do my stuff.

crazy coloration, will it keep it into adulthood?
No it will fade. Here it's a fresh molted juvenile, which are often a lot more colorful than adults.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
These Charon from Thailand are adults? They look small compared to the filipino ones

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They 1/3 of the size and adult already. But no clue which genera... Catageus and Charon are basically simple but the populations from the mainland share the known characteristics....

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Freshly molted D.diadema, they go through a pure white and lime green phase, aswell as a light blue phase before darkening up post-molt.
PXL_20210804_160115359~2.jpg
Never realized how red they got.
. PXL_20210804_160606742.jpg

Kokavecz

Arachnopeon
Hi!

IMG_20220223_081918.jpg

On the left side of the picture, the much-disputed Nicaraguan Phrynus sp. (cf. whitei). On the right is Phrynus whitei imported from Nicaragua this year. The question is, does a species have two such different populations within a country? I think the cf. whitei is more maesi.

Attachments