Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Those extremely thin limbs and how they manage to get them out if their exoskeleton always gets me.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
September 2019 Update and New Additions. I am really becoming very fond of the Phrynus genus.

Euphrynichus bacillifer
E.bacillifer.jpg
Phrynus whitei
P.whitei.jpg
Phrynus decoratus Cuba
P.decoratus cuba.decoratus.jpg
Phrynus marginemaculatus Dominican Republic Female
P.marginemaculatus DR .jpg
Phrynus barbadensis
P.barbadensis.jpg

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some news.
Damon johnstonii from Cameroon. See the details with the enlarged frontal process!

Phrynichus exophthalmus from Cameroon.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Damon johnstonii from Cameroon. See the details with the enlarged frontal process!
Quite lovely. I didn't realize any Phrynichus got such huge pedipalps.

One question. Is the enlarged frontal process referring to the chelicerae? That's what it looks like in the picture, but they don't look all that enlarged to me. It's quite possible I just can't tell, but figured I would ask in case it's something else.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
All Phrynichus got this huge pedipalps, species like ceylonicus not so much in ratio to their more massiv body size, but most of the others have really huge ones. That's their style.

FP: yes, in front of the median eyes, between the chelicera. ONLY johnstonii have this feature; so you can't find it with the thousonds of medius you all got in the states.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
E75D0DB8-7B0B-48D1-B03A-31C7F138F050.jpeg
1.0 Heterophrynus batesii
0.1 Stygophrynus sp. “Malaysia”
0.0.1 Phrynus marginemaculatus

All are adults of their respective species.

Evanator1996

Arachnopeon
Turned out to be 8 whiplings, but down to 5. 3 were presumably cannibalized either by mom or siblings. I have removed mom and put the whiplings in a larger container with more climbing surface. Feeding copius amounts of spring tails, D. hydei, and fresh born Porcelionides pruinosus. They seem fat and content for now!!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Awesome pics and interesting chelicerae! Were you able to import any medius?
There's no reason for me to import D. medius really. The large reptile wholesalers here have been getting them in by the thousands the last couple of years.

Later, Tom