Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

Ambly

Arachnobaron
I am loving this Ambly craze... which species are available in the US? I have P. marginemaculatus, D. diadema soon to be on the way, but am very interested in acquiring other species. Beautiful pictures, all.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
some new pics... enjoy.
Phrynus eucharis 0,1

Phrynus marginemaculatus 0,1

Phrynus sp. Mexico

Sarax aff.buxtoni 0,x

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Really want a Sarax sp. nice pics.
Any tips breeding P.marginemacatus?
I have 5 now and still no signs.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Native to Arizona? I really have to start saving for my trip there, LOL. So many amazing bugs to look for.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
:)
i mated them twice this year... so i saw not a special breeding season... maybe your sexes are not correct... normally they are very easy.

some more...
Paraphrynus mexicanus

Paraphrynus sp.

Damon medius Togo 0,1

Damon tibialis 0,1

Paraphrynus aztecus 0,1

Damon variegatus 1,0

Heterophrynus elaphus

Charon sp. 0,1

Phrynus whitei Guatemala 0,1

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wonder if its something wrong with my keeping conditions then, how are yours kept condition wise?
I've got 5 individuals, 1 is a bit weak so i guess it might be 4 soon -_-

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I wonder if its something wrong with my keeping conditions then, how are yours kept condition wise?
I've got 5 individuals, 1 is a bit weak so i guess it might be 4 soon -_-
hmm you know the climate condition in florida... i keep them normally @27°C with more or less humidity (i never measure it-i just put water once a week inside the boxes), and for some weeks a little bit colder.... whips need time.. .a lot of time :)

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you can guess now what "big and huge" means in the whip spider world

H.elaphus

P.longipes Haiti

P.longipes DomRep

D.medius Togo

P.orientalis

P.deflersi

P.goesii Martinique

P.exsul

Charon cf.grayi Luzon

Charon cf.grayi Negros

Ambly

Arachnobaron
ENVVVVVIOUSS!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously awesome collection... I'd love to get some Heterophrynus or Charon on hand. Keep em comin

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Banshee, seriously, where the heck do you find all these species? I would love to grow my teenie collection of whips. Right now im at 3 D. diadema.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Heterophrynus batesii. A new pickup tonight.

View attachment 110441
View attachment 110442
Hi,this is not a H.batesii species... either H.longicornis, or something else!! :)

You need a lot of time and patien, and knowing the right people... I travel also a lot and try to find a lot of them in nature and see their natural enviroment, etc. ... I breed them now since 11years... so take time :)

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i can say what it is not ;)
no charon, no heterophrynus or other phrynidae... damon or phrynichus spp.
for the rest I need more details.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Hi,this is not a H.batesii species... either H.longicornis, or something else!! :)

You need a lot of time and patien, and knowing the right people... I travel also a lot and try to find a lot of them in nature and see their natural enviroment, etc. ... I breed them now since 11years... so take time :)
interesting. Thanks! I am just now starting to get into the Amblypygi, so the head's up is most appreciated. :) What did you notice that helped ID him? I love your collection, by the by!

---------- Post added 11-24-2012 at 07:37 AM ----------

Where did you get that? Any females?
no, just him. :) he came from a local member.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well im happy to hear you are so dedicated to these awesome inverts. You should start importing some babies to the states :).