Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Whats the longest clawed species you have currently?
By the way did you get my email?

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Whats the longest clawed species you have currently?
By the way did you get my email?
No, I never got a mail...

hmmm, i didn`t measure anything, but i think some P.orientalis are the longest... with around 10,5cm femur/tibia of the pedipals... so double this, and add the carapace in the middle and you got the fully lenght

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow thats huge :eek:

I'll try again with the email, i thought it was going wrong again :rolleyes:

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do you feed your Amblypygids? I have been feeding crickets but moved to B. dubia roaches. They are not working out as they dig under the substrate and stay buried a long time. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to NOT buy crickets. :razz:

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have to say again I am really impressed with your collection. It seems like everytime I browse through something else is noticed that I didn't before! Keep posting pics, please!

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am absolutely amazed that a collection of this caliber even exists. i have seen more species in this thread than i even knew existed in captive care anywhere, including zoos/research facilities. all ive ever known until this thread were maybe 5 different species. quite a few of these have made it to my want list. i thank you greatly for sharing pics of your collection, you have opened up a new avenue of possibilities for me. please keep the updates coming. i have gone thru this thread front to back many times just to see the pics of species ive never heard of before, again absolutely amazing

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What do you feed your Amblypygids? I have been feeding crickets but moved to B. dubia roaches. They are not working out as they dig under the substrate and stay buried a long time. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to NOT buy crickets. :razz:
i feed normal crickets- Acheta domesticus, i need every week around 2000pcs in all sizes :)
and for the small nymphs of e.g. Sarax spp. i feed fruit flies- Drosophila sp.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

i am absolutely amazed that a collection of this caliber even exists. i have seen more species in this thread than i even knew existed in captive care anywhere, including zoos/research facilities. all ive ever known until this thread were maybe 5 different species. quite a few of these have made it to my want list. i thank you greatly for sharing pics of your collection, you have opened up a new avenue of possibilities for me. please keep the updates coming. i have gone thru this thread front to back many times just to see the pics of species ive never heard of before, again absolutely amazing
:) that's what i want to hear, people should get into it, and love it like me- cause it is realy hard to keep all this species in a good breeding group alone, just a handfull it out for some other interested people, and i hope they don't loose their motivation to breed them over a period of years...

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Damon medius Gambia/Senegal

Charon cf.grayi Bacolod

Charon cf.grayi Zambales

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer

It is best not to look at Michaels' pictures anymore. Believe it is for your own sake! I found these ugly, dirty animals (although I keep T's and scorps) and I was sure never to keep these.........But because of looking at these pics and Michaels' love for keeping and breeding these, now I have some too!
Don't say I didn't warn you! :)

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They had rapidly became one of my top 3 all time favorite arthropods, i love, shame more poeple dont keep them, we only have D.diadema availble in the UK, with maybe a Charon sp. or Phrynus oce every couple of years its seems :(

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am seeling a lot of different species all the time... some i breed for over 10 years now... it is just a point of time, till enough people breed them- i give my best to etablish them in the hobby.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'll try my best to breed them, i really hope more species become available in the UK other than just D.diadema :(

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Damon medius

Damon tibialis

Damon annulatipes

Damon diadema

Damon variegatus

Euphrynichus bacillifer

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
beautiful collection
It would be nice if there were more available but how can they be more available if we don't know where to acquire them?

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thank you.
THe problem is, thatI cannot ship to the US, otherwise I can offer a lot of different species...

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Finally a good thing about being in the UK then :p
Amazing species as always, really want some E.bacillifer someday.