Amblypygi - whip spiders pictures

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thank you guys,
this vairity is nowhere common ;) (beside dead material in museums)

so enjoy that collection. i have now a lot more different ones, i should update this thread soon. so keep on watching here.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Sarax yayukae

Sarax sp. ex.Singapur 0,1

Acanthophrynus coronatus

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Charinus australianus cavernicolus 1,0

Charinus ioanniticus 0,1

Damon annulatipes

Phrynus goesii

Phrynus sp. ex.Mexico

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just awesome!

I am still in awe of these things. Sadly, I had one die for no reason. Maybe stress.

It kept extending its pedipals outward and then literally died in an hour. stress from shipping I guess.

So now I am down to 5.:(

I do have a question. Are they safe to handle? they seem to fragile.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I do have a question. Are they safe to handle? they seem to fragile.
Hi,
ye of course, just be carefull with the whips, they often broke. But you can catch every whip spiders by hand, just be careful with their pedipals, so catch them from the back one finger ventral, one dorsal the abdomen.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay, you seem to get the to breed effortlessly, how do you keep thm to do this? Do you just introduce the male into the females cage and hope for the best then remove him...what is your seceret?

smashtoad

Arachnopeon
This thread is impressive. How exactly have you aquired all of these species?

You must do your own collecting, as you surely cannot be buying these on the open market...Todd Gearheart is the only guy that carries anything besides D. diadema, some Phrynus and Heterophrynus...but dealing with him and his 7th grader designed website is worse than a trip to the dentist...JMO.

I have diadema and Heterophrynus batesii, and am always looking for more. Obviously, A. coronatus is the main target.

Peace

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They mate easily enough under proper conditions. The male deposits a spermatheca "sperm stalk" on the cork bark and the female fertilizes her eggs.

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
They mate easily enough under proper conditions. The male deposits a "sperm stalk" on the cork bark and the female fertilizes her eggs.
Chef, do you have a time estimate from laying of the spermathacae to the young emerging from mom?

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chef, do you have a time estimate from laying of the spermathacae to the young emerging from mom?
As far as I can tell she went about 3 or 4 months could be longer as I had a few projects going at the same time and they kind of did their thing behind my back and she has done it again but this time I'll know how long she takes. I noticed the spermatheca just b4 Christmas and as of now the eggs are no longer visible

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Todd Gearheart is the only guy that carries anything besides D. diadema, some Phrynus and Heterophrynus...but dealing with him and his 7th grader designed website is worse than a trip to the dentist...JMO.
LMAO!

I placed (multiple e-mails to two adresses, PM's on venomlist) an over 700 euro order with him, never heard from him again.....very strange and by the way insulting way to do business. I'd rather eat my own socks, than order animals from that guy!

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
some new pix...
Damon medius Togo

Damon tibialis

Phrynichus ceylonicus

Phrynus sp. Aruba (levii?!?)

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Absolutely amazing collection! I would be curious to see their enclosures.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hehe ;)
the encloses are my secret.
no, honestly, it is not easy to take the right shoots, cause the rooms are very small and long, so i cannot bring much on one picture...
let' see here some old pix from my rooms (scorps and whips)

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Wow! Awesome collection! :clap: :worship:

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thank you guys, and here it goes again...

Sarax sp. Lombok

Sarax sp. Cebu

Sarax yayukae

Paraphrynus sp.I Mexiko

Paraphrynus sp.II Mexiko

Phrynus cf.whitei Mexiko

Phrynus eucharis

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Damon annulatipes

Euphrynichus bacillifer

Phrynichus deflersi arabicus

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pics Michael! I like the Paraphrynus spp....although Heterophrynus alces is one of the species I find most impressive......

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice pics Michael! I like the Paraphrynus spp....although Heterophrynus alces is one of the species I find most impressive......
hehe, this was clear Michiel, cause this species are from the Guyana shield :)
gimm me some time, one time i will get them- I'm sure {D