Amazonía - North Perú

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello PAto,
Hey who is the guy looking at you on top of the glass door while you were resting on the hammock??????

saludos.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow!Fantastic photos Pato!Looks like your trip was a great sucess :]
any idea what this is D:

Also are those taps living in the side of that wall?That is really interesting to see!Its amazing how they've adapted to live on man made structures.
The photos of all the garbage in the river and signs of deforestation are quite sad tho.Harsh reality that a lot of those beautiful places could be gone one day!
Thanks for sharing Pato
-Chris

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Chris,

It's some other kind of cool Mygalomorphae that I haven't seen before. I've found them living in the same palm trees as the Avics. Sometimes in the same palm you could see more than one Avic and this other Mygalomorphae living close to each other.

It was weird that I found the Cyriocosmus living as an arboreal. The ground was flooded and she had made her nest in a big Capinurí tree, at least 1,5 meters above the ground.

The Tapinauchenius I wasn't expecting to find! And when I was walking in the town at night, I saw an Avic and very close to her another arboreal, which turn out to be a Tap! Then a friend saw two more females in another wall with their young around them. The holes in the bricks were perfect hides for them. It was really cool to watch them hunt every little insect that were attracted because of our flashlights hehe. :D

Yes it's also harsh to see the bad part of things...At first I was very sad and disappointed because of this. It was hard to let it go to enjoy the trip. It's really depressing. It's amazing how most people don't realize what they're doing with such a wonderful place...the consequences are the destruction of the most amazing tropical forest that still exist in this planet...and it's already happening...and very fast.

Best regards,
Pato-

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes that would be correct. What about the Tapinauchenius Eric? What do you think?

Pato-

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Humm, not sure about a communal...I think they were tolerant with each other because they hatched not long ago and they found good spots for shelter when young...

Pato-

Steve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

i guess the Tapi is subcaeruleus. They were in imports from this area in Peru.

Best Regards,
Steffen

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Steffen,

It could be that one... They look similar. I heard that T. subcaeruleus were from Ecuador, not Northwest Perú...but maybe they're in both countries, I don't know! Unfortunately I don't have better pics.
But I have some slings that hopefully will grow quick :)

More pics

Pato-

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Steffen,

Also, I've been looking photos of spiderlings and juveniles of T. subcaeruleus and they are very different from the ones I've found.

Pato-

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Stunning, Pato... just stunning.

I really REALLY need to go back to Brazil.

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As usual, amazing shots Pato!

Saludos,

Emmanuel

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you Dr. Ace. Yes you should go back in the field! It's really great...it's what I love the most, just being around such wonderful nature... My next international trip has to be in the Amazon again that's for sure! Still have to decide where, but the Guyanas are most likely :)

Muchas gracias Emman! Fue un viaje increíble... ya estoy pensando en el próximo! Ojalá pueda ser pronto :)

Pato-

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I tend to spend most of the time I am in Brazil around the Natal/North East (Nordest) region. MUCH dryer, MUCH sandier. Also, more beaches.

I desparately want to see the Amazon. My brother in law (partner's brother) lives in Manaus, and would really love to see that area - which seems like a good place to start. He has a personal story of finding a 6' anaconda under his kitchen sink...

Steve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Pato,

ok maybe my mistake. They were sold as subcar... not sure if anyone determined them. i have also one of the animals from an Peru import from this area looking similar to yours(could be the same ;))

Best Regards,
Steffen