Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Name Their T's?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
ED,
CRS can be cured with labels!LOL!
Some of our T's have names.=D
If you look at their containers, there is a sticker
with their scientific name and the "pet" name.

HMMmmmm? What would you call an "Usambara"...?
We have 3 of them. I named the first one "Rocket"
Because it took off like one when I tried to put it in a
new container! 2 and 3 still need names:)
he he.........I have labels on most of the enclosures, but the labels only have the latin and common name and if known, what sex the t is.
Ed

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I only name some

I only name some
like my avic avic. her name is venus
I try to name them after greek/roman mythologial people or gods, but then you have to many tarantulas and your too lazy to name them. but yeah, I only name some.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since I don't have that many, all my Ts have names. It sure helped turn my roomie into being a T admirer.:D

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
I don't name all of mine, but certain ones have aquired names along the way. Mary Jane, Peter, Rosalia, Gretchen, Madame Hortense, Isabella, Mr. T,

Cheers,
Dave
Thanks dave.:D
I just named my juvie H. gigas, Skinhead Dave.:}

Ernie

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All of our t's have names. And most of them have really stupid names that don't really mean anything. LOL. We have a lot of fun naming. We have everything from normal names like Richard, all the way up to sounds (bzzt boing)

our favorite names:

Bzzt Boing (pterror)
Col. Biscuits (P.irminia)
Sgt. Muffins L. Parahybana
Spot (B. Pallidum)

You get the drift...LOL

We use labels to keep everyone straight, although we really don't need the lables. We have 27 T's now, and we haven't had a problem remembering their "names".

sunnymarcie, we named our Usambara Cheeto. LOL I read another post on here where someone named theirs Tang.

Ali

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes, i think i'll start naming my T's names of people off this list. Of course, starting it off is Nixy. Although its a fairly femme name to give to a male H.gigas, it works :)

next up:
the invader :)

peace
dave

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first 5 got names and then the collection multiplied rather quickly and now they just have sort of code names which include information on who I got them from, which bloodline, and what species they are. I suppose once I streamline my collection a little more and I have larger tarantulas, I will start naming again. As for now, the code names work for me. Doesn't mean I love my babies any less! =D

kellygirl

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a Mr. Freeze (L. cristata) and a Bandito (currently MIA C. fasciatatum), both named by others. The rest are all named after Mortal Kombat characters. I have tried to match the color of the spider to the color of the garb of the Mortal Kombat characters.

In the past, I had an Il Brutto, Il Buono, and Il Cativo (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly). I have since traded those three. I also had an A. metallica that I called Cliff Burton (how original...). It died.

I usually go with themes, but I really like the name JoJo. I might have to use that sometime. I also like names that are oxymorons or at least what other people consider oxymorons. I will name a spider Cuddles one of these days...

Jon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crazy crazy crazy :)

and Kelly- thats exactly how I feel (and, consequently, pretty much exactly as i posted =D I felt it was time for some good-natured ribbing)..

i feel names don't = love. Not that anyone's saying that, but.. there's just so many and... my connection to them isn't through a name, ya know.

anyways
nice names people!

peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i'm still trying to name all of mine. for the slings, i'm probably going to wait until they're a bit larger and their personalities are more obvious.

then again, my PZB is so sweet and shy and cute! teehee! dunno what i'll name her though.

my friend sally called my new A. avic Zoe today and i almost slapped her. i can be overly open about name suggestions and what if it's a BOY!? the horror! :eek:

sooo...we'll see. in the meantime, i am seriously considering name my G. rosea Fluffy. :D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie

HMMmmmm? What would you call an "Usambara"...?
We have 3 of them. I named the first one "Rocket"
Because it took off like one when I tried to put it in a
new container! 2 and 3 still need names:)
Mine is called "Mugabe" ;)

All my T's have names relative to their country of origin:

Avicularia avicularia - Brazil/Guyana - Pelé
Brachypelma albopilosum - Honduras (Hispanic) - Miguel
Chilobrachys fimbriatus - India - Mazir
Grammostola rosea - Chilé - Pepper
Psalmopeous irminia - Venezuela - Guarico (One of the states of Venezuela)
Pterinochilus murinus - Africa - Idi
Pterinochilus murinus RCF - Africa - Mugabe

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I call my A.geniculata "you striped swine!", because, you know, she is striped and a swine (or at least eats like one). you cant find more suitable name for this species ;P

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't even name my daughter until she got old enough to go to school. Seems she had to have a name to be enrolled in school. Prior to that, I just refered to her as Homo sapien 1F.

Botar

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dont name them..

My son named his g. pulchra the typical "Charlotte"..the rest of them do not have names. I am really bad at naming anything besides the dog and the cat.
The lizard has just acquired the name of "Spyro", but that is because the kids did it. They usually never stop asking me what somethings name is until it actually has been named, but they have not done that with the T's. Probably because they are "don't touch" pets, the kids do not have much interest.

Heck, they even named the snail in our aquarium, "Jerry".
You should see when they talk to me.."Mom, Jerry doesnt feel good". I am like, "Who the heck is Jerry?" "the snail........"

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, as for myself, (and I'm sure everyone hangs on my every word :D ) I try to name them as often as an appropriate name for them. I don't like to name my Ts "Jill" or "Samantha" or anything like that as it seems out of place. My A. avic. that had gotten traded for a bigger tank for my seemanni (I was broke, I had no choice) I had name "Grrr." This was funny because I got the "Avicularia of DOOM" post the next day LoL That was a good laugh.

Though, to be perfectly honest, I don't know why I bother. No one remembers their names anyway...It's always "how are your spiders?" if anyone bothers to ask at all. And Ts aren't exactly the type of pets that need to be called in the house, or reprimanded for being bad ;)

N.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have just named my first two.

G.rosea- Rosie
B.smithi- Neil.

You can tell I'm good at coming up with names cant you? And why I dont bother anymore!

Chid

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I also had an A. metallica that I called Cliff Burton (how original...). It died.
We named our metallica "orion" about as original as yours LOL I just said "what's your fav. metallica song?" he said "orion".

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I also like names that are oxymorons or at least what other people consider oxymorons. I will name a spider Cuddles one of these days...
Ha ha, us too. We got a new centipede yesterday, and he named it cuddles.. LOL

Ali

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When I first started keeping reptiles 15 or 16 years ago I was obsessed with all of them having names, and I began to get stressed out when I couldn't think of new names. Then, one day, it dawned on me - "Hey! These animals will never learn or respond to their names anyway, it doesn't matter if they have them or not!" Since coming up with names had ceased to be an amusement and had turned into a burden, I stopped naming them. By the time I started getting heavily into inverts, the "need to name" had totally passed and so none of them have names.

My Burmese pythons do have names even though they don't have ears. I fugure if it's big enough to kill me, it deserves a name :}

Wade