Again... topsoil question

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
I don't know where "here" is, but in the US, "organic" can definitely contain a variety of man-made chemicals.
California has the strictest laws regarding organic. Everything has to be pre-approved, certified, tested, analyzed, etc. And that's before we even make the mix.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
California has the strictest laws regarding organic. Everything has to be pre-approved, certified, tested, analyzed, etc. And that's before we even make the mix.
Yes, but plenty of organic pesticides and herbicides are still allowed in California organic farming. I was merely pointing out that "organic" doesn't mean "chemical-free".

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Yes, but plenty of organic pesticides and herbicides are still allowed in California organic farming. I was merely pointing out that "organic" doesn't mean "chemical-free".
And doesn't necessarily mean "safe for invertebrates"

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
View attachment 352855
@FrmDaLeftCoast So just to double check, this bag of Scotts should be T-safe
That is correct....the exact recipe will vary depending on location, availability, cost, etc. The spec sheet (ingredient list) doesn't call for anything that could be harmful to your T's. And if you'd like to take it 1 step further. Somewhere on the back of the bag (normally near the top) you'll see a Lot Code (example: BK071720L3S10622). If you can provide me with that lot code, I'll be able to find out the exact materials used to make that mix.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
And doesn't necessarily mean "safe for invertebrates"
And it appears that nobody reads the posts.
At a public information meeting regarding chemicals in and around the home. The expert, PhD in chemistry, held up a ultra green tennis ball and said, "According to state and federal government regulations, this is organic." Then touching the should of his kid. "This isn't."

Get real people, in the US the various manufacturing industries have tweaked the rules so severely nothing can be trusted. Some organic labeled substances in the US get classified next to toxic waste in Europe.

Last edited:

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
And it appears that nobody reads the posts.
At a public information meeting regarding chemicals in and around the home. The expert, PhD in chemistry, held up a ultra green tennis ball and said, "According to state and federal government regulations, this is organic." Then touching the should of his kid. "This isn't."

Get real people, in the US the various manufacturing industries have tweaked the rules so severely nothing can be trusted. Some organic labeled substances in the US get classified next to toxic waste in Europe.

In a world where you can purchase salt that's labelled "non-GMO". are we surprised by anything?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
In a world where you can purchase salt that's labelled "non-GMO". are we surprised by anything?
That must be a joke... hahahahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Not a joke.
I forget the country but a while back they classified dried peas and certain beans as ammunition.
Or in various countries including here in Thailand, you needed or need a doctors prescription to buy an enema kit or douche. Can't you just hear it? "Them thar be sex toyz, y'all!" Never ever trust career politicians?