Advan's pic thread

advan

oOOo
Staff member
While it may be the fact that my monitor is dimmed, your O.sp Blue has a darker abdomen than mine does, my female has more of a milk chocolate color to her, some days I can even see her heart.
Maybe because you're comparing your sub-adult female to a 1" sling? :p

Adult male Encyocratella olivacea

awiec

Arachnoprince
Maybe because you're comparing your sub-adult female to a 1" sling? :p

Adult male Encyocratella olivacea
You have a point, it's been a while since mine was that small so I don't really remember what it looked like, though the rest of the colors pretty much are the same.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Best macro photography around.....so jealous of these shots. Just when I thought I had everything I needed....*shops for cameras*

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice shots as always Chad! Well done on the breedings too.
Thanks Chris! :D

Best macro photography around.....so jealous of these shots. Just when I thought I had everything I needed....*shops for cameras*
Thank you but you need to check out some other threads on here, many great photographers. :) Photography and equipment is addictive! ;)

Pachistopelma bromelicola

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was wondering when you'd get to posting these! ;)

Nice work, and what an incredible spider!!!!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Was wondering when you'd get to posting these! ;)

Nice work, and what an incredible spider!!!!
Ha! I need to try another session without all the adult beverages. ;)

WOW. How have I overlooked this species... drooling...
These are just juvie colors. They go through a nice color transformation as they grow. :)

Gorgeous shots as always Chad!
Thanks David! :)

Freshly matured adult male Haplocosmia himalayana

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gosh! That bromelicola...*gasps* what a beautiful little T! I think I'm in love..:D

awiec

Arachnoprince
Question about the bromelicola, do you keep them with bromeliads or do they do just fine in a tank without them?

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Gosh! That bromelicola...*gasps* what a beautiful little T! I think I'm in love..:D
Thanks Jan, too bad they don't stay this color.

Beautiful Haplocosmia himalayana!!
Thanks David! Hopefully he got his job done! :D

Question about the bromelicola, do you keep them with bromeliads or do they do just fine in a tank without them?
I do not. This one is still small and in a 32oz deli. I have the brown thumb when it comes to plants. I might look into fake bromelialds when it gets larger and if it is a girl. :)

Adult male Poecilotheria ornata

Penultimate male Haplopelma sp. 'Bach Ma'

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Shark-tanked the P. ornata? Or did she kill him outright ?

awiec

Arachnoprince
The fang picture is fantastic, especially as you can see the little opening for venom to come out (or maybe I'm just seeing things)

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm delighted to see the photo of the penultimate male Haplopelma sp. 'Bach Ma'. Nice pic!! Best of luck with him.

I'd really like to maintain that species in my collection and I hope that your breeding efforts with this species are successful.

:angelic:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Shark-tanked the P. ornata? Or did she kill him outright ?
I have never shark-tanked. If the cage is large enough with Poecilotheria, I put the male in and leave him for days, weeks, up to a month or two. It really depends. This male lasted two days with the female.

The fang picture is fantastic, especially as you can see the little opening for venom to come out (or maybe I'm just seeing things)
Thank you. You are correct, you can see the venom orifice. :)

I'm delighted to see the photo of the penultimate male Haplopelma sp. 'Bach Ma'. Nice pic!! Best of luck with him.

I'd really like to maintain that species in my collection and I hope that your breeding efforts with this species are successful.

:angelic:
Thanks David! The girls are ready, I just need him to mature! :D

Sub adult female Phormingochilus everetti through dirty glass

Lampropelma sp. 'Borneo'

Cyriopagopus sp. 'Sumatra'

Can you tell I like arboreal Ornithoctoninae? :3:

Last edited: