Advan's pic thread

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Those are prob. The BEST pics I've ever seen.. Very nice! Very very nice. ENCORE!!! BRAVO!!!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I concur with the opinions on your images of post 1429! :worship:

And what's this, MORE pulchers??! :biggrin:
Thanks Michael! You can never have too many.

You wait till I scan in, then compress and upload my HD Polaroids! ;) I sense the Pulitzer Price coming my way.....
Still waiting...... for the photos..... ;)

Damn Chad, I wish I had a poster of most of these recent shots. You need to make posters! Those little face huggers are so juicy looking, I could just eat them : )
Haha Thanks Kelly! Let me know if you want a print or two. :)

Yaay! P. pulcher slings - so cute these.
That they are. :D

That H. sp. Bach-Ma!!! and that P. everetti!! :eek:
They are some of my favorites!

Those are prob. The BEST pics I've ever seen.. Very nice! Very very nice. ENCORE!!! BRAVO!!!
LOL thanks, there are many other great photographers on the boards. :)

Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

eminart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fantastic photos! I also have and love the Tokina 100mm. One of these days ill get around to investing in a proper macro flash setup. Ive been reluctant to get into artificial lighting. Thats a whole new world.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Fantastic photos! I also have and love the Tokina 100mm. One of these days ill get around to investing in a proper macro flash setup. Ive been reluctant to get into artificial lighting. Thats a whole new world.
It is an awesome lens. Without a tripod and shooting at high apertures(f16+), flash is the only way to go. :)

Avicularia versicolor

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Whoooa, look at that second picture of the P. langenbucheri! Looks like a tarantula ghost.

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice job on the "Prison des abeilles"!! Is that photo of your original female?

eminart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is an awesome lens. Without a tripod and shooting at high apertures(f16+), flash is the only way to go. :)
Yeah, definitely. Even with a tripod and outdoor lighting, small apertures are just about impossible on anything that isn't as motionless as a rock. I really do need to invest in a macro flash setup. I have kind of an extended diffuser that I made and rigged up to work off of the onboard flash. It does ok, for what it is, but there's certainly room for improvement.

Anyway, you do excellent work.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Looks like a super cool T, best luck Chad! :)
Thanks Michael! Probably me favorite species! :D

Nice job on the "Prison des abeilles"!! Is that photo of your original female?
Yes, paired with Chris's male back in Jan '14, nothing happened and April had a male mature last fall so paired them up.

Yeah, definitely. Even with a tripod and outdoor lighting, small apertures are just about impossible on anything that isn't as motionless as a rock. I really do need to invest in a macro flash setup. I have kind of an extended diffuser that I made and rigged up to work off of the onboard flash. It does ok, for what it is, but there's certainly room for improvement.

Anyway, you do excellent work.
For laziness a speedlight in the hotshoe and a small soft box works just fine. Thank you. :)

Awesome with the P. langenbucheri, Chad! Great work!
Thanks! They are molting to 2i right now. ;)

Lyrognathus crotalus

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What an incredible T!! Pretty soon I'll have to start growing my collection again. ;)

I love #2, the pose, lighting and DOF are just perfect!!!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chad I'm delighted to hear that your original "Prison des abeilles" female is the one that produced the sac. I am most assuredly interested in a few of those slings when the time comes. Best of luck!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
What an incredible T!! Pretty soon I'll have to start growing my collection again. ;)

I love #2, the pose, lighting and DOF are just perfect!!!
Thanks Michael! I like that one too!

Chad I'm delighted to hear that your original "Prison des abeilles" female is the one that produced the sac. I am most assuredly interested in a few of those slings when the time comes. Best of luck!
Fingers crossed it's good! :)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
The sac was bad. :( I have a few more juveniles so hopefully one is a boy and the timing lines up.

Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think these have just become my favorite Psalmo slings!!

Exciting find Chad, and great images! :D