Adult Damon Diadema Enclosure?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
This is my first time owning an amblypigid, and I decided to give it a fairly big enclosure. The one it was in when I bought it was 4 by 4 by 6 (lwh in inches) and I gave it this new enclosure. This was the best I could find without internet order, and thought it would do him well. Btw, I know there is sand, but it is my only option right now. It is mixed with eco earth so that I could keep the humidity just fine. If there is anything I am misssing, let me know: I love these little guys and really want to learn the proper set up. This is him relative to the enclosure: any tips are appreciated :D

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I love these little guys and really want to learn the proper set up
Call me Captain Obvious, but wouldn't it have been smarter to learn the proper setup BEFORE buying an animal, or is that just a crazy idea?

They are cool animals, and if I recall correctly require vertical cage furniture for molting. Mind you, this is second hand info, so confirm before you quote me hah.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Looks good, though I'd personally give him less space so it's easier to find food. Not totally necessary though. Also, that piece stuck to the side with tape... I'd just lean it against the side, if one of the pieces of tape come off it could be harmful.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the info, btw kind of bought it as an impulse buy ;). I know the setup for one and how it needs to be set up, I just can't get the cage that most use (skinny with lots of length and height) Just wanted a more experienced opinion on whether it would work as well. Really want to get more amblys in the future, so I just wanted to make sure.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the info, btw kind of bought it as an impulse buy ;). I know the setup for one and how it needs to be set up, I just can't get the cage that most use (skinny with lots of length and height) Just wanted a more experienced opinion on whether it would work as well. Really want to get more amblys in the future, so I just wanted to make sure.
Try one of those plastic cereal boxes. Btw, it's a male.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My friend that has a few does in fact use the tall and skinny, good luck!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've always thought they had such outrageously long front pair of legs for their size.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Homie is just street slang for friend, it has no gender bias. Obviously I know you are a female Andrea.;)
Ah, learn something every day...;)
The only homies i knew about were the black people in rap music videos, mostly males.

cold blood

Staff member
Ah, learn something every day...;)
The only homies i knew about were the black people in rap music videos, mostly males.
Funny, now its used more in the latin community than the African-American.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Try one of those plastic cereal boxes. Btw, it's a male.
Just as a general question, can these guys live in "cramped" conditions? The biggest shoe box was 10 by 10 by 2". Would that work for an adult? Seems like they would need some room due to those huge whips they have.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Just as a general question, can these guys live in "cramped" conditions? The biggest shoe box was 10 by 10 by 2". Would that work for an adult? Seems like they would need some room due to those huge whips they have.
Yeah, should be fine, just take a look at Cold Blood's pic.;)