Adult Damon Diadema Enclosure?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
appears I have 2 females.
Are those deli cups? In all honesty, I would want to keep it in a smaller enclosure. May give it more security. Right now it seems to be sitting on the back right next to the sub. I know this can be a sign of little humidity, but I poured a lot of water in it earlier. It was better in the old 4 by 4 by 6 enclosure, where it didn't sit next to the sub all day :( Never knew they can be in something that small, do they need whip space to molt? That was my main concern with a smaller enclosure..

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Are those deli cups? In all honesty, I would want to keep it in a smaller enclosure. May give it more security. Right now it seems to be sitting on the back right next to the sub. I know this can be a sign of little humidity, but I poured a lot of water in it earlier. It was better in the old 4 by 4 by 6 enclosure, where it didn't sit next to the sub all day :( Never knew they can be in something that small, do they need whip space to molt? That was my main concern with a smaller enclosure..
They seem to be able to molt and thrive in very small spaces (at least "small" to us humans). I had one whose "whips" were a good 2-3 times the width of the Starbucks cup it was in, and it molted fine.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Got it, I can definitely rehome it. Just worried, it's like when I purchased my first T. The dog owner in me is coming out ;D

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
appears I have 2 females.
It is possible that they are not big enough to tell yet. I had several from the same batch as the ones you got from me that I was raising communally and they were quite a bit bigger than the ones I was raising individually. The communal ones I was able to sex (or at least make a reasonable guess) but the ones I raised individually I had no idea. They all start out with shorter pedipalps but they grow proportionally larger in the males with each successive molt. I'm guessing that with the next molt you should get a better idea. If they are males the pedipalps should be just about the same length as the femur at the next molt while the females will still be quite a bit shorter. It might take 2 more molts to be able to tell for sure though.

In my previous batch I held 10 back that were about the same size as the ones you have now and I chose what I guessed to be 5 males and 5 females based on 5 of them had proportionally smaller pedipalps (all were shorter than the first joint in the leg). I ended up with 9 males and 1 female.

I just sold all my smaller ones at Tinley except 1 and they were all still in the 32 oz deli cups. I just moved the last one into one of those gallon sized square jars from Wal Mart just my containers are all the same. My larger ones are in those jars and my two adults are in the large cheeseball containers.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cold Blood's are fine in the 32 oz delis for 1 more molt I'd say. Your first enclosure is tremendous overkill not to mention a lot of wasted space. They will spend 99% of their time hanging either on the underside of the leaning cork or on the vertical cork slab, especially if they can get behind it. If you like the larger enclosure you can do the same thing on the opposite end and he may utilize more of the container.

One more thing, the cork tiles you are using are going to sag quite a bit when placed at an angle like that. Its going to end up looking like a large letter "C" Its just not thick enough to hold its shape when using that large of a piece. The vertical one should be fine. I use the thicker tiles I get at Menards (but you can get them on line) but if all you have is the thinner ones I'd suggest gluing two pieces together with hot glue. That should keep them rigid enough. In fact I'm going to try that myself because the thicker pieces are also a lot darker so its very hard to see the animal.

Good luck with him, they are really interesting animals to watch.