Species Acanthoscurria geniculata

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nhandu chromatus, not a genic. Good lookin little T though
I'm wondering now, got the little guy as a free-bee. Was tagged as A. geniculata, but after a couple molts & comparing some pics, does look like N. chromatus...

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I decided to post the parents and my new female on my old thread, cause she is one of my 2009 hatchlings. I purchased her back from one of my old customer. She is almost 6 years of age. It's nice to know the origins of some of the spiders you own in this case that I own.

Do you see a resemblance of one of the babies? I bet I could pick out which one is her from all the eggs with legs.

I don't know why my thread is on this section it should have been in the section of tarantula chat.

Acanthoscurria geniculata - Papa

Acanthoscurria geniculata - Mama

Acanthoscurria geniculata - Eggs with Legs

Acanthoscurria geniculata - Daughter

Last edited:

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
Finally, for the first time under my care, my little baby T has grown! 4 agonizing weeks of fasting, and it's happened!

Few hours after molting & then a day after molting <3 :) 20170310_145745-1.jpg 20170313_235526-1.jpg

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I love these guys so much I have 6 more coming to me hahaha. the one I currently have is about 3/4" if that. They are so stunning when their stripes are more noticeable ^_^

Leila

Arachnobaron
I love these guys so much I have 6 more coming to me hahaha. the one I currently have is about 3/4" if that. They are so stunning when their stripes are more noticeable ^_^
6 more coming??? I am Jealous! I don't even own ONE yet. :( This species is definitely on my wish list though!

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
6 more coming??? I am Jealous! I don't even own ONE yet. :( This species is definitely on my wish list though!
lol with the different blood lines, I have plenty of time to get some breeding on these guys in the future XD Then you can have your pick of the sac*fingers crosses it's a success*and that is if you still want one and haven't already got yourself hook on multiples XDD

Leila

Arachnobaron
lol with the different blood lines, I have plenty of time to get some breeding on these guys in the future XD Then you can have your pick of the sac*fingers crosses it's a success*and that is if you still want one and haven't already got yourself hook on multiples XDD
Oh heck yeeeeaaahh! You know I will still want one/some in the future, man. :)

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
You definitely should get one when you have the chance! Always out and about moving, and rarely goes into its hide :)

Daeralda

Arachnopeon
This photo was taken November 16th, 2017.
23519006_10208004948680634_7144798147416922962_n.jpg

So excited to have caught our A. genic pre-molt today (March 16th, 2018) - She created a little hammock and laid out on it; how cool!
FullSizeRender.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Some photos of Genicula (juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata), who is among my favorites.

Pauldrons

Genicula

Hunting

Get Dunked