A. seemani or B. albopilosum

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Which one guys would u choose i think the A. seemani is more the better looking one I guess and they both fairly low maintenance compared to my cobalt blue so which would you guys recomend oh its free that why the choice.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would go with the albopilosum, its always out in the open , great eater, "usually" calm and very easy to care for....

Regards, Mike

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would go with the albopilosum, its always out in the open , great eater, "usually" calm and very easy to care for....

Regards, Mike
but freakishly hairy lol
if you want a brachy id get a good looking one lol like smithi or emilia or somethign

I like the seemani better of the two you listed

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, I like both. I have 4" seemani who's always busy and all over cage and 3 B. albopilosum slings that make 1 big ant hill tunnel and 2 smaller holes and are fun as slings to watch. Seemani's can be skittish though.

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
well hmmm... skittish as in like the cobalt blue, opent he cage and it bolts at you or skittish as in active?

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
my seemani is at least 6.5 inches,and a total crab!!it is usually under its log,but comes out and snoozes by the water bowl every once an awhile.choice is yours tho!!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B. albopilosum is usually the better choice if you're looking for something you want handle. They tend to be less skittish then the A. seemanni. If you want something that's "prettier" and you're not worried about handling then the A. seemanni is a good choice. Both are pretty hardy though.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
albo!

I really like albo's, they're such nice display T's and I love all the hair. Very creative bulldozers too, and pretty calm dispositions- probably the calmest, least defensive of any of my T's. But they're little still, so who knows what the future holds!

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well hmmm... skittish as in like the cobalt blue, opent he cage and it bolts at you or skittish as in active?
hehe, nope he just moves fast! Hasent attempted to bite or act aggresive

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
both times I have housed my little 3" female albo she has immediately sealed up the entrance to her hide.. I never see her out and about.. I don't think she is in premolt because she is still eating but she could be.... The first time I put her in an enclosure she moved every bit of the peat... so it will be different from T to T... since I got her I have only seen her twice.. :rolleyes:

timwaters2007

Arachnopeon
Well my b.albo stays in its hole alot, because its in premolt all the time, he is only 3/4", but inbetween he is a right active little bugger. His burrow is like a huge cave, i dont know how it keeps holding, as all the subtrate from the bottom inch of the tank has been turned into huge mountains. When he gets bigger i will just give him a hide, but i would recommend the curly hair because they allways do something to surprise you.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would go with Brachypelma albopilosum because you will see this one much more often then an Aphonopelma seemanni. Plus if you like to handle Ts B.albo would be the way to go because of their docile nature. A.seemanni are very skittish and could kill themselves if they were to jump off your hand.

You know, you can always get both. They are both cheap species. You can probably get slings of both species for under $35 shipped overnight.

omni

Arachnobaron
Albo! I have this same choice, but which one to keep and which to find a new home. Family likes the superfuzzy b. albo since it doesn't look scary and evil like they think my seemanni does.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would go for one and with all that hair very funny to good luck phil
I really like albo's, they're such nice display T's and I love all the hair. Very creative bulldozers too, and pretty calm dispositions- probably the calmest, least defensive of any of my T's. But they're little still, so who knows what the future holds!

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
well like a few posts up i chose both couldnt choose just one i love the markings of A. seemani but he B i just couldnt say know luckily the dealer was nice and gave both for free...

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Difficult to choose, but today's answer...

B. albopilosa (new taxonomic change, I believe?)