A journey only for the brave

A guy

Arachnobaron
As the title insists, I have taken a path that is only for the brave of heart. A journey that is only for the people who have great patience and discipline. Of course , the path I'm talking about is I've bought 5 Aphonopelma sp. jalisco and all of them are 1/4". I've already added them to my will and I'm fully expecting a 1" sling by the time I'm on my death bed.

But all jokes aside, I really want to see what they would look like as adults since there's no definitive answer that I can find on what they will look like.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Please be sure to inform your next of kin that it's OK if these don't eat for a month or longer, and that it might be a year or 2 between molts - just so @Smotzer & @cold blood won't have to type so much when they're around 100 years old. :rofl:

A guy

Arachnobaron
Please be sure to inform your next of kin that it's OK if these don't eat for a month or longer, and that it might be a year or 2 between molts - just so @Smotzer & @cold blood won't have to type so much when they're around 100 years old. :rofl:
Don't worry, my will comes with care information lol

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I have a 1" A. bicoloratum that I have a similar attitude towards. Yeah, it would be awesome to see it as an adult, but I don't think it's gonna happen because of me. I too, have numerous Aphonopelma that haven't molted in years.
Luckily my daughter collects with me, so she will inherit my part of the collection

A guy

Arachnobaron
I have a 1" A. bicoloratum that I have a similar attitude towards. Yeah, it would be awesome to see it as an adult, but I don't think it's gonna happen because of me. I too, have numerous Aphonopelma that haven't molted in years.
Luckily my daughter collects with me, so she will inherit my part of the collection
I wanted a bicoloratum as well but the same with these aphonopelmas, the only available ones here are 1/2" sling. I don't even know why I got aphonopelmas this small lol but I'm in it now

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I wanted a bicoloratum as well but the same with these aphonopelmas, the only available ones here are 1/2" sling. I don't even know why I got aphonopelmas this small lol but I'm in it now
I am probably gonna get an Anax next but most likely adult or sub adult. My moderatum is about an inch as well.
I have an adult (F) and sub adult chalcodes plus
an adult (F) and 2 subadult steindachneri.

A guy

Arachnobaron
I am probably gonna get an Anax next but most likely adult or sub adult. My moderatum is about an inch as well.
I have an adult (F) and sub adult chalcodes plus
an adult (F) and 2 subadult steindachneri.
Here's my female Aphonopelma sp. blonde I bought back in December, fed it once the day I got it, rehoused the next day, burrowed and has yet to be seen again.

SmartSelect_20220414-171557_Facebook.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hahaha I appreciate Ya thinking of me repeating myself ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

A guy

Arachnobaron
The good news is they won't take up much space - you can keep them in test tubes for the next year!

That second one looks like it'll molt in the next few days at least.
Yeah, they're gonna be in small vials for at least a year or two. I've notice that yes, the other one seems to be in premolt so a premolt aphonopelma should take about a year lol

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Iโ€™ve been on an ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข binge myself. I currently have ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜บ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 4x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 3x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 2x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช, and 3x ๐˜ˆ. sp. โ€˜Diamondbackโ€™ all ranging from 1/4โ€ to 3โ€.

Where did you happen to get sp. โ€˜Jaliscoโ€™?

A guy

Arachnobaron
Iโ€™ve been on an ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข binge myself. I currently have ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜บ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 4x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 3x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ, 2x ๐˜ˆ. ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช, and 3x ๐˜ˆ. sp. โ€˜Diamondbackโ€™ all ranging from 1/4โ€ to 3โ€.

Where did you happen to get sp. โ€˜Jaliscoโ€™?
I'll message you, I don't think it's allowed to say here

UtilityTurkey

Arachnopeon
I also picked up 1 Jalisco and anitahoffmannae, maybe my future grandchildren can contact your grandchildren and they can potentially breed these amazing inverts.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
can't wait til we see some moorae or gabeli in Canada, feel like I've been waiting forever

A guy

Arachnobaron
can't wait til we see some moorae or gabeli in Canada, feel like I've been waiting forever
There were some brought in last year but I didn't trust the seller that they were actually moorae lol