A. iodius

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these? I searched Rick West's site and the photo or the Aphonopelma iodius looks EXACTLY like the mystery Texas Aphonopelma I picked up in Vegas.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these? I searched Rick West's site and the photo or the Aphonopelma iodius looks EXACTLY like the mystery Texas Aphonopelma I picked up in Vegas.
I have one that is roughly 2" in leg span.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I didn't realize I was being mean to someone specifically. Clarify for me.

People talk about my manners. One way to chase members off is to make sarcastic comments when they add to an old thread. Good plan: Let's try to make them look dumb! Not like every new thread is a bell ringer.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What i found incredible to believe isn't the fact that this is a "dead" or "necro" thread something (i actually enjoy certain old threads btw) but that no one, until CaseyK, answered in 13 years, ah ah.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What i found incredible to believe isn't the fact that this is a "dead" or "necro" thread something (i actually enjoy certain old threads btw) but that no one, until CaseyK, answered in 13 years, ah ah.
I like seing old threads as well. As for the Aphonopelma iodius I sold a baby to a friend of mine about 5 years ago and it's still a sling.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I like seing old threads as well. As for the Aphonopelma iodius I sold a baby to a friend of mine about 5 years ago and it's still a sling.
It's not one of the Theraphosidae that you see in the market too much IMO. But for the wrong reasons... seems a no 'appeal' to the public one ;-/

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Good night Rick! Blah! Blah! Quit picking on us brown people we have feelings.

I don't care know or care what color anyone is, it's poor judgment to be sarcastic to someone who was trying to add information.

There's a lot of great topics and information in old threads. Looking at the quality of threads this year, we'd be better off in many cases if we resurrected older ones, when there was a more experienced membership.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Goodness gracious....lol....you know, I didn't know there was a set "time limit" to reply to ANY thread. I used to think this hobby was to teach and learn at the same time about something we ALL love to do. I'm starting to see why this hobby is drowning in political BS.......it's OK, though.....because there will always be people like me LURKING around to help continue the "natural" flow of what we all enjoy.....its not about how many T's you have or the value of each one but the value we find in each other while doing it. ;)

Casey K

Arachnoknight
People talk about my manners. One way to chase members off is to make sarcastic comments when they add to an old thread. Good plan: Let's try to make them look dumb! Not like every new thread is a bell ringer.
You know, Rick, it's sad but you're absolutely right. A friend of mine (not mentioning names) told me yesterday that "AB" is toxic. I asked what he meant. It's the whole having to pay or post something informational that set it off (but I do understand the need for money due to time and work that mods put into this and I will agree that we need more information posted).....my thought on AB being toxic was something completely different. It didn't have anything to do with money or having to post info.....those are MISDEMEANOR and information is positive. What makes AB toxic are the people here that are turning the hobby into something it shouldn't be....being egotistical because you know more than someone else or downing someone that wants a poecie as their first T...."scorning" is more like it. I encourage anyone that WANTS to start the hobby. It doesn't matter WHAT T they start with because in the long run that will be the person that breeds to keep them going....or grow in knowledge and be like Rick West ....people like him are the foundation of this.....back when being "judgemental" didn't exist in this hobby. Do you ever remember the first post you read, or the first website or blog you read that had something to do with T's....and it was in that that you thought they were "cool" and you just had to have one? That's what I'm talking about. That's what this hobby is founded on. Sorry....didn't mean to get all philosophical but it's just my opinion.......a lot of people I know aren't on AB anymore due to that EXACT reason.