A. diversipes :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I woke up to John's(Zonbonzovi) female making a sac this morning. I know it's not done yet but I'm hoping for the best.

Fingers crossed!

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wooohooo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats I am ordring a sling next wk :) let us know when the babies are ready. I might want some more :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much you think you'll be selling them for?
You should probably PM him that question...
We have paired ours 1000000000000000000000 times,and only have seen one insertion,and then the male went lame on us.No sperm webs,no activity.Our female is in heavy premolt now,so once she molts I will be tracking down a fresh male.Was it a pretty straightforward pairing?We noticed that the males are VERY skittish,and need to be kept under a watchful eye when pairing.....Congrats on the sack though,hopefully everyhthng works out.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome!!! :clap:
Thanks. :)

Wooohooo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D
Thank you. :)

Congrats I am ordring a sling next wk :) let us know when the babies are ready. I might want some more :D
Cool, have fun with him/her. They're awesome spiders but very quick.

How much you think you'll be selling them for?
I haven't even thought about that seeing as how she's not even done with the sac. For all I know she could eat it right after making it. :( But thanks for the interest.

We have paired ours 1000000000000000000000 times,and only have seen one insertion,and then the male went lame on us.No sperm webs,no activity.Our female is in heavy premolt now,so once she molts I will be tracking down a fresh male.Was it a pretty straightforward pairing?We noticed that the males are VERY skittish,and need to be kept under a watchful eye when pairing.....Congrats on the sack though,hopefully everyhthng works out.
Haha, sounds like my pairings here. John's female hates MM's lol. I have absolutely no idea if either of the males I paired her to got insertions. Like you said, the males are extremely skittish. It was very difficult even getting either male to acknowledge her, they both kept going up and out of her enclosure. I must've placed them back inside her enclosure at least 50 times lol. I eventually co-habbed each male overnight so hopefully one of them got the deed done.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Shame you guys are in the US, I have a fresh male here that matured a fortnight ago, and up to know I cant find anyone with a nice fresh AF :(

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should probably PM him that question...
I have a pair living together in the breeder room. I haven't noticed any signs of aggression in the past month. Maybe your girl's just got a little PMS. :D
Both of the other girls also lived with their partners for a few weeks before they were removed. One girl didn't wrap her sac well and then ate it and the 2nd is sitting with her's now. These diversipes are very defensive for Avicularia (and fast). They dont act like "regular" Avicularia, for sure.
Diane

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a pair living together in the breeder room. I haven't noticed any signs of aggression in the past month. Maybe your girl's just got a little PMS. :D
Both of the other girls also lived with their partners for a few weeks before they were removed. One girl didn't wrap her sac well and then ate it and the 2nd is sitting with her's now. These diversipes are very defensive for Avicularia (and fast). They dont act like "regular" Avicularia, for sure.
Diane
We co-habbed ours for a month,2 weeks after she molted last time...That was after chasing the male across our apt,up the wall,in back of the dryer,back down the wall....you get the idea....I really wish both of you luck with your diversipes sacks.We need more of these and purpurea around for new hobbyists,since these are truly stunning spiders.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We co-habbed ours for a month,2 weeks after she molted last time...That was after chasing the male across our apt,up the wall,in back of the dryer,back down the wall....you get the idea....I really wish both of you luck with your diversipes sacks.We need more of these and purpurea around for new hobbyists,since these are truly stunning spiders.
I am sooo laughing at the image. {D I have had them loose as well and I don't trust them not to bite. if your girl molts out soon LMK and I'll fix you up with a male. Still have 3 here and 1 who should be molting anytime. I'm trying to hold him off.
Diane

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
Well, I hope it turns out good! Diversipes are my favorite, but I can't really find any for sale. I got one that is about 2.5" a couple weeks ago. I unpacked it and was trying to get it in it's new home and it tried to bite me. It's still gorgeous though!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I hope it turns out good! Diversipes are my favorite, but I can't really find any for sale. I got one that is about 2.5" a couple weeks ago. I unpacked it and was trying to get it in it's new home and it tried to bite me. It's still gorgeous though!
Thank you. :) They are definitely one of the prettier avics, that's for sure.

All finished up. Now the waiting begins.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like she did a stellar job. Are you going to jump the gun and pull this one when it's still at the eggs stage? :D
Diane

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like she did a stellar job. Are you going to jump the gun and pull this one when it's still at the eggs stage? :D
Diane
Probably. Lol

I don't know actually. It all depends on how good of a mommy she's being. I'm not so concerned with getting slings out of her enclosure. Getting small blue fangs out of a huge burrow scares me. It was hard enough just getting the sac out of the dang thing.

Congrats Jason! Best luck with it :)

pato
Thanks, Pato. :)

Very nice. Hope it works out well for you.
Thanks, Joey. I'm just crossing my fingers that at least one of the males got an insertion. They just seemed so disinterested every time I tried pairing them.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sooo laughing at the image. {D I have had them loose as well and I don't trust them not to bite. if your girl molts out soon LMK and I'll fix you up with a male. Still have 3 here and 1 who should be molting anytime. I'm trying to hold him off.
Diane
Oh we will be in touch then....

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Without reading too much into a big, undeveloped ball of silk...YEAH, BABY! She just needed a change of scenery. Cold Chicago nights make for better lovers, apparently. All extremities & digits crossed!

P.S. congrats on the cyanognathus...hope it all works out.

Thanks for taking me out of my mid rainy season doldrums...salud!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pulled the eggsac yesterday after 24 days to find a bunch of eggs and some EWL's. :) I'm glad I pulled the sac when I did because the eggs looked like they had started drying up a bit. There were about a dozen black shriveled eggs that I removed before I put the rest into an incubator. Within a few hours of being in the incubator the eggs began to look normal again. I checked on them today and it looks like I have at least 2-3x the ammount of EWL's that I had from yesterday. :)

The eggsac:

The goods:

Batch #1

Batch #2

:D