A couple of people have asked about how my L. violaceopes sling died, so I figured I'd type it out.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
... so if she's afraid of tarantulas after 60 years of routine exposure, she's kind of crazy on top of being stupid.
If I've learned one thing over the years in this hobby, it's you can't argue with arachnophobes! It's pointless once they get defensive about it - and it kinda sounds to me as if she is one.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
If I've learned one thing over the years in this hobby, it's you can't argue with arachnophobes! It's pointless once they get defensive about it - and it kinda sounds to me as if she is one.
Yeah, but if she was really an arachnophobe, would she have let her five-year-old grandson play in the closet with the tarantulas?

Then again, he is a spoiled brat... :mask:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, but if she was really an arachnophobe, would she have let her five-year-old grandson play in the closet with the tarantulas?

Then again, he is a spoiled brat... :mask:
No. I call that plain stupid - no offense. Knowing there's a potentially harmful animal situated in there, I'd keep my kid -away- from it, not encouraging it to play right there. Makes no sense...but what's done is done and while sorry about the LV I'm pretty sure everyone learned something from it.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
No. I call that plain stupid - no offense. Knowing there's a potentially harmful animal situated in there, I'd keep my kid -away- from it, not encouraging it to play right there. Makes no sense...but what's done is done and while sorry about the LV I'm pretty sure everyone learned something from it.
Yep. From now on, if anyone else is expected to be in my apartment, the Ts are in the closet and the closet is locked.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep. From now on, if anyone else is expected to be in my apartment, the Ts are in the closet and the closet is locked.
Probably for the better. I don't let anyone in the room my tarantulas are in without my supervision. Not willing to take a risk.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well... we can't change things (sadly) otherwise i would been now a multi millionaire (using soccer bets) and a new Revolution Leader of my ancient beloved motherland Italia but, but... i try to imagine the scene.

Texas: (lol, and those great western movies of Leone with Morricone music starts on my head "Hey, you, Dago/Gringo.... Something!") hot as three hell enviroment, your aunt pissed off with an evil smile, lazy cleaning, and a little "Mad Magazine" (of old good William Gaines R.I.P) kid face weirdo playing where your T's were kept, lol.

But alll of a sudden everything crumble (like "Dust in the wind" Kansas) due to that "WWF Demolition" style cleaning squad, and that poor, little, innocent OW Asian Theraphosidae (the real victim of this story, with you of course) deliver a series of multiple "OW" bites in that empty head of the kid, before dying.

The aunt starts to panic and calls you. Then you could do nothing except screaming "Hey, listen to this, old hag, and GTFO of my home, after... you're fired" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRxOregR_o

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sometimes you crack me up, Chris :) That song is absolutely priceless, lol!