A Christmas Eve Wolfiie! :]

davisfam

Arachnoknight
We found this little one right outside of our garage door this morning and thought she was kinda neat soo, we scooped her up and brought her inside! :] We haven't had much time to give her a definite ID but at quick glance, she looks to be of the genus Schizocosa. Hopefully, after all the holiday family events are over, we'll get more time to find a species for our new little Wolfiie! :p

Here are a few quick pictures taken earlier today;

P.S. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! :D

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Aw, it's a MF Schizocosa avida... I so miss mine.... :(

These are great pics, davisfam! What camera are you using? :eek:

Will send you a PM soon, time to sleep before Santa comes... {D

Happy Holidays to you too!!!!! :):):)

PS-you got a Christmas wish-a new Wolfie! Let me know if you need pointers as to their care, but I think you'll do quite well... ;-)

S.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tradition says it's good luck to find a spider on Christmas. :)

Spider enthusiasts say it's good luck to find one anytime. ;)

davisfam

Arachnoknight
yeah she looks just like my little one....is her underneath black?
Nope, she does not have black on her ventral side. We believe that your Wolfiie belongs to the genus Hogna; the specimen in this thread belongs to the genus Schizocosa.

We're not exactly sure on the species of your Wolfiie but we'll get back to you if we come across any new information! :)

As for now, we guess it's H. aspersa, LOL! :p

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well my young wolfie was id'd by Silberrucken as Schizocosa sp.....mine looks like the one in this link also..2nd pic...

http://www.floridanature.org/species.asp?species=Schizocosa_sp#photos

Nope, she does not have black on her ventral side. We believe that your Wolfiie belongs to the genus Hogna; the specimen in this thread belongs to the genus Schizocosa.

We're not exactly sure on the species of your Wolfiie but we'll get back to you if we come across any new information! :)

As for now, we guess it's H. aspersa, LOL! :p

davisfam

Arachnoknight

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i do have the big female also, that just hatched out alot of babies....you said she was unidentified and looked like yours, and then someone else said aspersa garunteed...but yeah im sorry i stumbled ya....i got two wolfies, the large female, then this lil one...thanks

Hmm.. for some reason, that's not the same specimen that we thought you had, whoops.. LOL! :p

I must have been thinking of someone else's Wolfiie, sorry!

If your spidiie looks like the one in the link then it's def. from the genus Schizocosa.

davisfam

Arachnoknight
well i do have the big female also, that just hatched out alot of babies....you said she was unidentified and looked like yours, and then someone else said aspersa garunteed...but yeah im sorry i stumbled ya....i got two wolfies, the large female, then this lil one...thanks
LOL! :p Yes, that's the specimen we were referring to when the H. aspersa ID was tossed out in the previous post. No problem, we were just confused there for a second. Thanks for clearing that up, it's appreciated.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
no problem...

LOL! :p Yes, that's the specimen we were referring to when the H. aspersa ID was tossed out in the previous post. No problem, we were just confused there for a second. Thanks for clearing that up, it's appreciated.