A. Chalcodes or G. Pulchripes?

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I don’t know much about T. Albopilosus, my top three right now are G. Pulchripes, A, Chalcodes and B. Albopilosum! Also my arachnophobia stems more so from the fact that I’m afraid of where they /could/ be. I could put on a shoe or wake up in bed and have a brown recluse right there and I think that’s terrifying. Knowing where they’re at and as long as I can read their behavior, it isn’t bad to have a large and active T. I never had a phobia of snakes ever, but when I first started dating my girlfriend she had a corn snake I was reluctant to hold, however after only a few months we took in a 7 foot Carpet Python who is considerably more active and considerably more cranky, but I’ll hold him all day long! Now we have 4 constrictors :). Since I learned to read their behavior and when they’re in “nice mode” or pissed it makes it easier. Now that I’ve learned how you can judge when a T is angry/when you should leave it alone or not, it makes it much easier.
Ok, then any of the suggested species are fine, I’d recommend pulchripes for all the reasons posted above but mostly that it’s the best species to learn from in order to move onto more t’s (trust me, you’ll want more) Considering your experience with herps I wouldn’t bother greatly with loads of ‘stepping stone species’ unless they are t’s you want before moving onto slightly quicker and more interesting t’s (nothing really bolty, stuff like avics and phormics)

octanejunkie

Arachnoknight
So T. Albopilosus and B. Albopilosum are the same animal now? Much like how the typical “Brazilian Black” is now considered the “Uruguayan Black?” (Sorry can’t remember their scientific names)
yessir https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tliltocatl_albopilosus

The Brazilian or Uruguayan Black Tarantula is Grammostola pulchra, there is also a Uruguayan Tarantula which is the common name for Grammostola quirogai

Here is the most detailed, non-scientific article/post I have found on the distinction between the two https://arachnoboards.com/threads/u...pulchra-x-argentine-black-grammostola.318905/
Shout out to @Arachnid Addicted for that post!
Nod to @AphonopelmaTX for this post on the topic of the mixup between these animals

Last edited: