Who's Behind the Computer - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've heard it does on property taxes, but I live in an apartment so I wouldn't know.

The university system is OK I guess -- OSU (where I go) has all sorts of cool research going on and such, and they have a pretty good engineering school. The only problem is I'm in a relatively new major, so they keep screwing around with the curriculum :wall:.

To stay on-topic, here's me trying to get some coconuts in Puerto Jimenez a few years ago.

Edit: I just noticed you can see a waitress and a few tourists looking at me in the background, probably thinking "what the hell is that guy doing?" :p

Arachnomore

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my mom is

A total hippy! She would love it if I moved to oregon. She somehow manages to drift there every year for a week. I have never been there, but would love to see it. Here is a picture of me and her! She lives in MI, and is oh so sad that I moved away from her for work. She is excited about my new collection of Tarantulas and can't wait to see them.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think your mom would love the Valley. :D Corvallis and Eugene have both been recognized as cyclist-friendly (Corvallis has a gold rating), and Corvallis has two mostly local / organic co-ops.

Oregon also has some GREAT microbrews. ;)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep, Oregon is pretty sweet. I love downtown Portland :) and there's deffinately alot of hippies (including me)!

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As another Oregonian, I can say it's very wet and very green in the Willamette Valley, and very dry everywhere east of the Cascades.

It's great if you like no sales tax, high-quality beers, hippies (though most are in Eugene), and jokes about California.
Where there are hippies there are VWS. I want to get another bus, split window that is.:rolleyes:

Arachnomore

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I

The reason I want to move out west is because I love the scene it offers. Earthly :D.. plus my mom would follow me out there:clap: ... I love climbing trees and would probably do lots of it out there. Plus rocks. I also enjoy a nice bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.

I aslo enjoy big door frames and punk rock girls.

Arachnomore

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dead

I had 3 slings DOA like 2 weeks ago... forgot to change it back from depressed.... also I forgot where to go to change it. You are right... I am happy and enjoy life... - the broken down car :(

Status
Not open for further replies.