Who molted today?

lryn

Arachnopeon
My OBT who I got on Sunday has molted today! I also think my P. Machala and A. Seemanni are in premolt :cool:

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
I've had a few molts in the past week and today :)

T. ockerti finally tossed a molt that I retrieved today and I know she's for sure a female, now.

P. rufilata and P. regalia both molted very recently, crazy how much size they put on between molts!

A few sling molts, including both D. mineirum, one A. ezendami, and 3 of my 4 H. gabonensis have molted (or at least, found the exuviae of) so far this month. The weather has already started to warm up here and maybe I'm imagining it, but all the spiders seem very enthusiastic to kickstart their spring growth!

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
A lot so far this week and we're only halfway.
  • 0.0.1 Avicularia braunshauseni
  • 0.0.1 Avicularia minatrix
  • 0.0.1 Aphonopelma mooreae
  • 0.0.3 Phormingochilus everetti
  • 0.0.1 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Blue

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Poecilotheria regalis, Krishna

This one was a gift from MY cricket guy to my BOYFRIEND who technically has zero tarantulas because they are all mine 🤣🤣🤣🤣 That he said was his female but his buddy paired for him.

Been sitting here for months wondering when the white banding was going to pop up. Was lightweight worried that I had a hybrid or something else because it molted yesterday and still no banding. Call me shallow but it's my favorite ventral side in the T kingdom, second only to A avic (always so cute)
PXL_20240207_034914692.jpg

But tonight (I can't capture it on camera but I don't think my eyes are deceiving me) I can see it when I look at an angle, it's quite obvious even from a foot away, but upon closer inspection I'm thinking I suck at tarantulas and I'm just seeing book lungs.

Maybe 2" now. Should we have obvious banding??

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Theraphosidae sp. dorado molted today. Looks like it's now around 1" DLS. Was 3/8" about 2.5 months ago, so decent growth rate.
20240207_194633.jpg

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter

This one was a gift from MY cricket guy to my BOYFRIEND who technically has zero tarantulas because they are all mine 🤣🤣🤣🤣 That he said was his female but his buddy paired for him.

Been sitting here for months wondering when the white banding was going to pop up. Was lightweight worried that I had a hybrid or something else because it molted yesterday and still no banding. Call me shallow but it's my favorite ventral side in the T kingdom, second only to A avic (always so cute)
View attachment 466601

But tonight (I can't capture it on camera but I don't think my eyes are deceiving me) I can see it when I look at an angle, it's quite obvious even from a foot away, but upon closer inspection I'm thinking I suck at tarantulas and I'm just seeing book lungs.

My regalis sling is smaller than that. I don't have a ventral pics of them, but this is the best pic I can ever get lol

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +

View attachment 466601

I don't have experience with this species but I think I recall reading that the abdominal band and yellow in the legs usually shows up around 3" DLS.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I don't have experience with this species but I think I recall reading that the abdominal band and yellow in the legs usually shows up around 3" DLS.
I came across a few references of males being less stark white, but still obviously a regalis, but at larger sizes. Pardon me while I power feed (jk)

My regalis sling is smaller than that. I don't have a ventral pics of them, but this is the best pic I can ever get lol
That's a very impressive dirt curtain for such a wee one!!!

I have to rehouse this one when it hardens, so I will likely never see it again now that I've declared how much I covet it 🤣

slocoj91

Arachnosquire
Had two slings arrive last week - a Thrixopelma cyaneolum, and Ephebopus rufescens. Cyaneolum had dark blue butt, bordering on violet, so I suspected a moult incoming from that one.

Yesterday was doing maintenance and found a stretching E rufescens looking very pale. Fine, subvert my expectations guys! T cyaneolum no movement on moulting yet.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Growing like weeds. Their ventral sides should be just an absolute sapphire blue by now. Here's one of their sackmates after the most recent molt:
View attachment 466316
The Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue that molted about a week ago (Beta) tossed her exuvia out last night and is also confirmed female, lol... That makes 1.3.1.
1000017996.jpg

Also, my Vitalius chromatus molted a few weeks ago and I hadn't bothered to get his exuvia out of the enclosure. I got a glance at it's ventral side last night and though huh, that's interesting. I dug out the exuvia and examined it last night, and clear as day it's a female. I've been working under the assumption it was a male this whole time, and I really don't remember why. It only took until she hit 4.5" for me to figure out she's female, lol...
1000018009.jpg

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Almost two weeks into February and these are the moults thus far:

0.1.0 Avicularia juruensis 'M2'
0.1.4 Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
1.0.0 Cyriocosmus sellatus (MM)
0.0.2 Hapalosus formosus
0.0.1 Heterothele gabonensis
0.1.0 Idiothele mira
0.1.0 Kochiana brunnipes
0.0.1 Monocentropus balfouri
1.0.0 Neoholothele incei 'Gold' (MM)
0.1.0 Nhandu tripepii
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
0.0.2 Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus reduncus
1.0.0 Psalmopoeus victori (MM)
0.0.1 Tliltocatl albopilosus 'Nicaragua'

I'm especially pleased to have another P. victori male since it has become clear that my first MM that matured three months ago has, at most, half a brain cell, and that half is occupied with slowly turning around 90-180° every other hour or so. He spent a week in total with the female and nothing happened. At all. Not even a little tap. The one that just matured is the complete opposite. Gets mad for nothing, threat poses me as soon as I look at him, and if I open the enclosure he bolts around like he's on fire. His nickname is Sunshine lol. Anyhow, I really hope he's equipped with at least one whole functioning brain cell because I'm losing my own watching the other sit in the females web all like 🙂 for eight hours straight.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Theraphosidae sp. dorado molted today. Looks like it's now around 1" DLS. Was 3/8" about 2.5 months ago, so decent growth rate.
View attachment 466604
This T. sp. dorado is still very small, but it's starting to get some adult coloring:
1000018103.jpg

Since Thursday I had molts by:
- 0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Hana (Thursday)
- 0.1.0 Tapinauchenius polybotes (Friday)
- 0.0.1 Avicularia rufa (today)
1000018096.jpg

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
This week!

Heteroscodra maculata 1.3"
Ornithoctonus costalis 1"
Phormingochilus sp.Rufus 1" needs a rehouse soon
Psalmopoeus cambridgei 2" needs a rehouse soon.

Cannot wait to see who molts next.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Caught one of my C elegans slings molting today! This one has only ever molted for me on a full stomach so it always catches me a bit off guard lol. Looks to be around 3/4". Good thing I have some new enclosures coming in on Friday 😊

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
20240214_154831.jpg

My suspected male Ephebopus cyanognathus moulted last night and for once didn't shred it immediately, so I could finally confirm he is indeed male! Sadly I only have one female and that is his sacmate, so I'll have to find another female once he matures. Or get another female now that I have an excuse to do so... he he he... 😏

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
My now 5.5" DLS Tapinauchenius Polybotes, Se7en, molted last week but was waiting on my new phone for a proper pic....:happy:

20240209_181736.jpg

She's so chill, always out on that web curtain just hanging out...