Who molted today?

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
My now 5.5" DLS Tapinauchenius Polybotes, Se7en, molted last week but was waiting on my new phone for a proper pic....:happy:

View attachment 467056

She's so chill, always out on that web curtain just hanging out...
I've been blessed by so many pictures of different Tapinauchenius recently and they're all so beautiful! Your Se7en is stunning! I really need to get some slings for myself this spring. 😍

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
I've been blessed by so many pictures of different Tapinauchenius recently and they're all so beautiful! Your Se7en is stunning! I really need to get some slings for myself this spring. 😍
Yh you should, they are a sleekly gorgeous sp.
I've got another MF @ 6" and she's even more stunning. Her name is Purple:happy:. Just waiting on her next molt...:watchingyou:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata

View attachment 466741
All hail 🙌

I have had 2 moults in the past 24 hours.

Present my phormictopus auratus juvenile male, once again he dug out a hole and moulted in it put on alot of size this time luckily his new viv us ready and waiting he was ment to be moved today but we will wait a week or 2 now.
20240215_213107.jpg
Present chewing his moult, good thing I know he is a he 😆

Ginger my tiny Avicularia minatrix sling eventually moulted , this sling was the last one out of the group she came with to moult, the others have actually moulted twice in the time it's took this little one to moult. Ginger looks great though already back on the wall in her favourite spot. (I say she but we are to small to know its more in hope lol)
20240216_035212(0).jpg
My little Ginger ninja looking the same size as the moult she's left on top of her bark , and I still need a magnifying glass to get a good look at her 🤣

Well done little ones 👏

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
20240216_090718.jpg

First thing I saw when I walked into the tarantula room was this! I was 75% this geniculata was a female but turns out I was wrong, he just has big accessory organs. Oh well! 🤷‍♀️

Edit: two seconds after posting I noticed that one of my six Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus slings had also moulted. He's the only confirmed male of the bunch and he's now almost double the size of most of his sacmates at 2.5" DLS. Just crazy growth rate compared!

20240216_094032.jpg

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 467090

First thing I saw when I walked into the tarantula room was this! I was 75% this geniculata was a female but turns out I was wrong, he just has big accessory organs. Oh well! 🤷‍♀️

Edit: two seconds after posting I noticed that one of my six Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus slings had also moulted. He's the only confirmed male of the bunch and he's now almost double the size of most of his sacmates at 2.5" DLS. Just crazy growth rate compared!

View attachment 467091
All hail

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
View attachment 467090

View attachment 467091
All Hail!!

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Twilight Sparkle, 0.0.1 Caribena versicolor, freshly molted and extracting all the juices from the discarded exoskeleton. The first molt since I've had it here. 😊 Actually been waiting quite some time, it's been looking about ready to pop for weeks now. 20240217_121910.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Thrixopelma longicolli molted today, should be around 1.5" DLS now:
1000018161.jpg
1000018156.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to sex it when I can grab the molt.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
More moults, my Davus sp panama Opal moulted no pic though as she's in her burrow and not showing herself atm n no chucking the moult yet but i can see in her tiny window she has moulted... I say she 🤞
My Theraphosinae sp Dorado Don Juan moulted and is starting to show some of that gold on the carapace, moult was 1 inch but way to small for me to mess with so still no gender. 20240218_120323.jpg

And unfortunately I have to report one failed moult, Skittles my sons Ybyrapora diversipes male had a real bad moult last time he moulted loosing 3 legs and buckling 2 more poor little man held on he still ate and drank and I was hopeful he would correct himself on the next moult, 2 days ago he made a web matt i had been checking (hourly) to see if he was ok but late last night I found him, he had popped the carapace between the carapace and abdomen but didn't get any further and is gone. Gutted doesn't cover it I struggled so hard with this little man and still don't understand what went wrong and why he had the bad moult in the first place , but felt I should say because successful or not was a moult in my care.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Thrixopelma longicolli molted today, should be around 1.5" DLS now:
View attachment 467166
View attachment 467167

Hopefully I'll be able to sex it when I can grab the molt.
I haven't had a chance to sex the molt from this Thrixopelma longicolli yet, but I did manage to get a couple unobstructed pics of it today. Around 24 hours of hardening up and some nice colors are coming in:
1000018211.jpg
1000018196.jpg

I also found molts from 0.0.2 Eucratoscelus pachypus slings last night, the largest of which measured a whopping 5/8" DLS...

More moults, my Davus sp panama Opal moulted no pic though as she's in her burrow and not showing herself atm n no chucking the moult yet but i can see in her tiny window she has moulted... I say she 🤞
My Theraphosinae sp Dorado Don Juan moulted and is starting to show some of that gold on the carapace, moult was 1 inch but way to small for me to mess with so still no gender. View attachment 467221

And unfortunately I have to report one failed moult, Skittles my sons Ybyrapora diversipes male had a real bad moult last time he moulted loosing 3 legs and buckling 2 more poor little man held on he still ate and drank and I was hopeful he would correct himself on the next moult, 2 days ago he made a web matt i had been checking (hourly) to see if he was ok but late last night I found him, he had popped the carapace between the carapace and abdomen but didn't get any further and is gone. Gutted doesn't cover it I struggled so hard with this little man and still don't understand what went wrong and why he had the bad moult in the first place , but felt I should say because successful or not was a moult in my care.
My little dorados must be sac mates of yours - the last one to molt is just the same size and showing the same colors. Also, really sorry to hear about the diversipes - it sucks to lose one like that and makes you feel helpless. 😢

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My little dorados must be sac mates of yours - the last one to molt is just the same size and showing the same colors. Also, really sorry to hear about the diversipes - it sucks to lose one like that and makes you feel helpless. 😢
Thank you he was doing so well till those last 2 moults we had raised him from sling and he had never had problems before he had a nice viv with good ventilation corkbark moss leaf decor to web too waterdish, he always ate well and I saw him drink alot, I really am at a loss.

I thought so too. I had noticed they were of similar size and moulted a few days apart often, international siblings 😎 pretty cool I think 😊

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I also saw that my tiny little Cyriocosmus sp. oronegro sling molted a few minutes ago. I tried to take a pic, but it's too small for the camera to focus on it - 3/16" DLS is generous, lol.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Just checking the t's n Fizz my sons avicularia juruensis juvinile male just moulted 3 inches on the moult n the only pic I got before I removed myself after realising I was in the firing line 😆 20240219_085512.jpg
All looks like it went well and I can't wait to rehouse him and hopefully see him more. Well done little man.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Freshly molted L.P. this morning. Saw it webbing like crazy in there last night, so I figured it would be soon. Time for another enclosure upgrade when he hardens up. 20240219_071433.jpg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
So sorry for your family’s loss. Not sure how old you son is, but that’s got to be hard to break to him, too. It sounds like you did everything you could. It is frustrating to not have an explanation. :-{

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
So sorry for your family’s loss. Not sure how old you son is, but that’s got to be hard to break to him, too. It sounds like you did everything you could. It is frustrating to not have an explanation. :-{
Thank you, he is 9 and it didn't go down well, like me because skittles carried on eating drinking and even hunting for himself the bairn expected him to correct the bad moult. We buried skittles this morning and I think it helped the bairn let go a little. He understands though sometimes things happen, it's better to cherish the time we got then dwel on the time we didn't.