Who molted today?

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
my GBB underwent his 2nd molt under my care, previous molt being less than 2 months ago. he seems to be on an accelerated schedule. was 2.5-2.75" before his latest molt. with this molt, he has just begun to show some green colorization in the carapace.

within the next week or two, i expect my b. albopilosum to molt. she will be my first "big" spider molt, i.e. in the 4"+ range. so i'm pretty excited to finallyl have a large molt in my possession. she's been in premolt about a month, hiding in her burrow and not eating, and her abdomen turned dark about 1 1/2 weeks ago. last night she finally spun some web around the entrance of her burrow, so i expect she's making her final pre-molt preparations now.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats to Velvet for actually managing to turn fully on its back this time! Can't wait to see what it looks like post molt! :D

View attachment 129094

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
In case you are getting worried, it did make it through the molt. I just haven't gotten around to posting pictures. I will post one as soon as I can.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
A. avic sling "Houdini" just molted. Was dark this morning, went into the moss hide and now I see the back legs and abdomen sticking out of the hole. Judging by the back legs it put on a fair size.

MF B. vagans abdomen has gone very dark in the last week and a halfish, pre-molt time. She is quite hairless since she arrived a few weeks ago in the mail. Looking forward to seeing her in all her glory!

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After really taking her sweet time, my beautiful P.irminia named Morgana finally molted in her new home. Didn't get to count the legs as it's hard to peek inside the hollowed piece of tree trunk but she's alive and hopefuly well.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I wish I had a good picture.

But our H. Mac 1/2" sling sure looks more like he's 3/4" today.... looks darker too. Pretty exciting. My larger L.P. hasn't been eating for a week and a half too and his yellow abdomen is starting to become very blackened. Now the smaller one is refusing food. Too. I'm hoping for some big spiders soon!

awiec

Arachnoprince
The E.murinus decided to join the party, haven't got a good look at it but I expect to see it at the next feeding time.

My O.Panay Blue threw the molt out in the corner but the little bugger hides until the blue is faded so I expect to have a larger brown spider now.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finally my late bloomer versicolor sling molted, his other 3 siblings finished molting almost 3 weeks ago! Probably about an inch now.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In case you are getting worried, it did make it through the molt. I just haven't gotten around to posting pictures. I will post one as soon as I can.

ITS BLUE :D

awiec

Arachnoprince
^^^

Looks like the little fella needs a new home, I think it has a few more molts until all the baby colors are gone.

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
My B. vagans sling (rehoused) successfully molted yesterday. Last month, my P. irminia (rehoused) and A. urticans slings successfully molted.:angelic:

GG80

Arachnoknight
Second post in this thread in 2 days. I have just discovered that my 1/4" B. smithi has molted today. That's all my 4 slings after molting in just under 3 weeks.

Steve123

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Finally, after what seemed like forever, "Nicholas," a B. klassi named by Barbossa, had his ultimate molt:

Here he is again, not locked, not loaded, though has a lady friend recently molted and awaitin':

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
L. difficilis molted. guys starting to grow a little faster then his LP "cousin" :O and hes getting adult colors slowly yay :D buggers about 2.25"-2.5" :)

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
One of my P. cambridgei molted this eve. Kind of a surprise, it took a big meal only 2 days ago.

That klassi is simply gorgeous btw.;)