Who molted today?

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL Yeah, I have quite a bunch but not as many as some egg sacs have which I'm happy about since this is my first experience. A little overwhelming at first but it's going well so far thanks to a member of the forum who I got the female,egg sac and advice from plus reading all the good info on the forum. It's keeping me busy..lol. :)
Congratulations 260 spiderlings isn't to bad makes them more manageable. I ended up with 560 spiderlings out of one sac. Had to seperate them out into lots of 50 to make them more manageable. Just wish the spiders grew faster.

cold blood

Staff member
My larger B. albiceps molted this morning, its still small and growth per molt has been very slight.

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Congratulations 260 spiderlings isn't to bad makes them more manageable. I ended up with 560 spiderlings out of one sac. Had to seperate them out into lots of 50 to make them more manageable. Just wish the spiders grew faster.
Thanks! Next time I may have to sort as you did yours to make caring for easier and less time consuming. I have a total of 373 which if I had 500 to 800 I don't know what I would do..lol. Think I am going to hold off until next Spring to pair my other females.

awiec

Arachnoprince
G.pulchripes popped a molt, it surprisingly did not stay in premolt for 2 months like usual.

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
Since my last post my two pokies molted twice my 2 gbb slings 3 times my versi sling 3 times my g pulchripes sling 3 times my curly hair 3 times now I need to keep up on this more makes it easier to keep track

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Since my last post my two pokies molted twice my 2 gbb slings 3 times my versi sling 3 times my g pulchripes sling 3 times my curly hair 3 times now I need to keep up on this more makes it easier to keep track

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk
or keep a note pad XD little easier to keep track XD

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
"MB" My A. avic sling molted. Week+ later than it's sibling but bigger. Was in the wee hours of the morning.

No upcoming molts spotted easily at this time.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Accidently interrupted my n.chromatus, but I expect it to resume sometime today

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
My suspect female juvie B.albopilosum molted yesterday and I'm happy to say she is now a molt confirmed female. :D

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.scrofa 3 inch confirmed female molted 2 days ago, which is weird because she only molted like 3 months ago, but hey i'm not complaining.

p.regalis female molted. Went from 4.5 to 5.25-5.5. Amazing seeing she was just a half inch only 10 months ago.

Last edited:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
My P. regalis threw its old exo out this morning. I have a bunch of t's hunkered down in pre-molt with big, dark, shiny abs. One of these days I'm going to have a big post!

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My C. fimbriatus molted yesterday.
A whole slew of mine molted in the last two weeks while I was in Idaho.
This list is as follows:
OBTx3
A. versicolor
Orphnaecus sp. "blue"x2
B. albiceps
B. auratum
B. emilia
P. miranda
P. striata
P. ornata
P. vittata
GBB
P. pulcher
and finally,
Phlogius sp. "Stents"

Last edited:

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Another surprise molt. A. versicolor "Speedracer" sling molted. Put on some nice size too. S/he ate on Friday so not expected.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. Mine usually eats the day he molts. Is the molt big enough to sex yet? My Versi has always munched the molt but positive male I would just like a picture of the molt for documentation.

darthcider

Arachnopeon
My first T (G. rosea sling) just finished its first moult in my care.
Took about 40 mins and now its sat there flexing.
Feels like a rite of passage is out of the way.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blue-fang sling molted today. It was even kind enough to toss the old exo out of its burrow.

Zigana

Arachnosquire
My A. hentzi female molted early this morning. She is the mom that had the egg sac that I recently got some slings from. She should feel like she has a new lease on life now. No egg sac, someone else taking care of the kids and a new suit to parade around in. A few more days and she'll be doing a happy dance across her enclosure singing "I feel sooooo good!" LOL :)

Pics of her molting will be posted on my picture thread later today.

I have three more adult females in premolt, a G. rosea and two A. hentzi. One G. Pulchra sling too.

Last edited: