Who molted today?

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
My P.Regalis was belly up after work
This morning... Mostly out before heading back to work! Should be getting to the 4" mark

Julesbugs

Arachnopeon
My A. Brocklehursti molted today! Or I should say started molting today, she's in the process. I just got her a week or so ago too! She was already balding on her opisthosoma and it had totally darkened so I have eagerly been waiting for this. Saw her laying down her silk earlier today and she's got herself cradled in this perfect little mat. Will update when she's done about how much she's grown!

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
It's been an interesting couple of weeks for molts. Every one of my Ts has gotten their black premolt spot and molted or surprised me with a molt one at a time with less than a 24 hour window in between them. The last one I expect to molt any day now. Kind of remarkable for a collection of just 6 to be so coordinated.

Naga

Arachnopeon
Second of my four tarantulas to molt this week! At some point today/tonight, my B. Albopilosum Oscar shed his former self away! He's now quite crowded in his hole though, hoping he digs out soon

sanni

Arachnopeon
My Toxy (B.smithi) FINALLY molted last night. Missed it but maybe next time.

Toxymolt.jpg IMG_20130531_080407.jpg

Male or female?.. the picture quality is not too sharp. Sorry.

tyrantuladub

Arachnosquire
P. regalis sling molted yesterday. Little dude nearly doubled in size and is now ~1.75". Rest should be following suit very soon!

RoseK

Arachnosquire
Two of my slings molted this week: my B. boehmei and B. albopilosum. A third sling- the Nhandu tripepii is showing some premolt darkening, so by Sunday the final count might be three.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Poecilotheria striata that I bought as a sexed female a few months ago molted today and lo and behold came out of its old skin as a mature male.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My S. calceatum molted today. i.e. new warp drive installed. Sorry, just saw the latest Star Trek movie.

naychur

Arachnosquire
Our H lividum molted over night. We saw it on it's side, so we knew it was coming. I was sort of hoping it would have waited until the boys were up to watch. : (

My S. calceatum molted today. i.e. new warp drive installed. Sorry, just saw the latest Star Trek movie.
Funny you should mention Star Trek. Our H lividum was named "Shran" because it is big, blue and has a bad temper (by species definition only, have not observed a bad attitude......yet).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, since yesterday I've had 4 molts: A. chalcodes - grew to 1 1/4", Aphonopelma sp "Davis Mountain" - to 1 1/4", G. rosea to 1/2 "and G pulchipes to 1/2".

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus pulcher molted last night ;) Finally got a molt to sex, yay! :D

Forget the sexing - saw the T: Mature male, haha! Pics in my pic-thread ;)

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"Saranyu", Tapinauchineus violaceus, ~4.25" female molted (pics in my picthread - she's a real beauty, absolutely a looker!) - size before molt ~3.5" so I'm guessing she's pretty much fully grown....adult for sure, she had a dud-sack -before- she molted. Ate it, then molted right away ;-)