Who molted today?

Armpit

Arachnosquire
my tiniest sling molted last night, i believe. a feisty little OBT. not idea how much it's grown, this thing is a pet hole.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"Sylva", one of my couple A. versicolors just finished molting. Sadly, the molt is too messed up - so I'm STILL not able to sex this one *sigh*

---------- Post added 12-09-2012 at 03:34 AM ----------

My P. Irminia molted! It's adult colors are starting to show now. So cool! Sorry for the horrible iPhone picture haha.

It looks to be around the 2" - 3" in mark. About what size can T's be sexed?

View attachment 110943
P .irminia easily at that size!

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
My newly acquired B. albopilosum molted just now. Confirmed male via molt. Still have many years left with him so I'm not complaining.

Beginning the molt:
IMG_0248.JPG

After molt:
IMG_0250.JPG

Molt size:
IMG_0249.JPG

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
My A. versicolor sling just molted. Second time since I got her. I love how they look right after, though I can't wait to see her all stretched out. :)

funkymonk

Arachnopeon
Two nice molts this weekend... My B vagans from 4 to 5 inches. Has more than doubled in size in a year with 3 molts, I got this one at around 2 inches last Christmas. My P Regalis that suffered a very bad molt back in April had its second molt since, and has now rejuvinated all its three missing legs, last molt it regenerated all but lost the most severly deformed original leg in the process, only a small increase in size this time but all 8 legs present, only the newly regenerated leg that looks a lot thinner & a little shorter than the rest, next molt should sort that out.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
2nd of the couple of A. amazonicas finally molted. Considering the time difference between the two sac-mates I'm starting to assume this one's a female. Looks way less leggy than the other one, too ;)

Trial

Arachnopeon
One of my c. cyaneopubescens slings moulted in the night, (s)he is a very fast grower!
2012-12-10 10.13.08.jpg

Last edited:

naychur

Arachnosquire
My brand new A purpurea sling molted today. Just got it about a week ago. It spent all last night trying out different positions on her webs to see where she was going to me the most comfortable. As soon as I pulled out the molt, my son breathed on it and it disappeared just like a Who in Whoville! Where is Horton when I need him?????

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
found my T. cupreus sling molted today.. unsure of when exactly, but its been between friday and today.
Seemed to gain about .5" max.. this thing sure grows slow in spite of how much it eats...
HMM... i just checked in on my T. cupreus sling, and it molted AGAIN? very strange because it just molted a month ago, and this time frame seems very short. Its typically taken a lot longer in between so far.

It is now around 1.5-1.75"

inkedandholey

Arachnopeon
My wife woke me up this morning by comming saying baby get up there is 2 tituses lol our little (well actually he's itty-bitty) N.tripepii grew from 1/4 inch to maybe 1/2in hasn't stretched out yet so not quite sure but so excited this is our first molt with the babies (woul have thought the G.pulchra would go first lol

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Lasidora parahybana molted on sunday-monday. I've noticed out of the 3 molts, 2 of them molted on their side.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
2nd A. versicolor molts right now! Good bye sling coloration, welcome adult coloration ;)

EDIT: Just removed the molt, size ~2.25"+
P1020840.JPG

In her webtube about to start "spider yoga" :)
P1020838.JPG

She molted fine obviously ;)

Last edited:

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A.genic moulted the second time in my care, still white as (s)he is REALLY fresh but already displaying red hairs on the ophistosoma.

Since the Ts are on my desk, I usually get to watch the process (only Adela, the B.smithi escaped my sights by deviously moulting while I was asleep :D) and it's so fascinating every time.

I am truly glad to be a newbie as everything is new and fascinating - kinda dreading the day it becomes a routine.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. metallica - about 1.0 inch now
Homoeomma sp blue Peru - thought this one was male, but I got to this exuvium (meas 3.0") before the spider did and she is female! 2 of 2!

maxxxieee

Arachnopeon
Lars just molted last night and looking fantastic from 4" to now looking (haven't measured yet officially) to be at least 5"! Quite a growth spurt. Once I took out the exuvium I looked closer and there was the opening and spermathecae (sp?) clear as day. She's beautiful! :)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
My Ephebopus uatuman (Emory) molted yesterday morning in the wee hours... couldn't retrieve the molt for sexing, but S/he went from 1.75 inches to 2.25 inches!! Beautiful!