Which tarantula species do you currently keep?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The nice thing about talking about your T's is that it brings out new and interesting facts and opinions that many new people will never find in searches.
I love reading about what people like or don't like in different species. I've been "turned on" to several species I didn't know about or wouldn't have considered otherwise.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Trenor said:
Perhaps all the sellers.... If so, I need those guys..

There is no "perhaps", nor "if", the information I provided you earlier I learned by asking the sellers. I did not fabricate it, they are facts, not alternative facts or any variation of not true/supposition etc (being politically aware, I know you'll appreciate that ;) ) case closed :p
Hrm, posting only snippets of what I actually said so it suits you. Then taking the statement in a totally different way then the haha joke it was meant as just to make it fit your narrative. Finally using a pretty lame political catch phase to top it all off. I think you got the political thing covered man. :p

It's all good. Make a list or don't. Do what ya like man.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
@Trenor , at the very least, it would eliminate this thread which seems to pop up brand new practically monthly. If all profiles had their list posted, no one would ever need to start a frivolous thread like this (over and over again) and all the newcomers wouldn't have to constantly ask what everyone is keeping and people would know who to talk to about specific species.
The OP wasn't asking what we kept so he'd know who to go to for help. This was a social thread, which a lot of people enjoy. What I don't get is why the people who don't want to participate in this type of thread hop in and and try to make out like these threads are the worst. I think the "Guess this T" thread is kinda played out. Really, there are only so many Ts to guess from and that thing has been going on forever. Do I roll into that thread doing eye-rolls and complaining? Nope, I move on to other threads I care about. But holly heck, you let a list your T or a what is your Ts name thread pop up and you can bet someone will be complaining in less than a dozen posts. Some people think it's fun. It's not hurting anyone. So whats the need to jump in if you don't care for the topic?

Haha, there is no conspiracy here man. If I wanted to be so secretive about what I owned I wouldn't have posted tons of photos of my Ts all over the my photo thread. I just never bothered to fill it out and honestly it's not a big deal for me.

Really this list thing is just a side deal that came up because some don't like these kind of posts.

If we really wanted to talk about AB members being shady then what about those guys who block their profile? What are they hiding I wonder? Nothing good I'd bet. :D

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think I've updated my profile since 2005, didn't think it was relevant.

Maybe this weekend I'll grab a pad and take inventory.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I will participate in both methods. I will update my profile soon. However, I will likely only post a portion of the T's I own in this type of thread and perhaps say something about my opinion or thoughts about them.

Also, I don't mind if someone sends me a message to ask a question about mine if they see a T of interest in my profile (once I get it updated). There is never a requirement to wait for a thread to appear. Unless somebody finds that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, we all are trying to find new T's of interest where we can occasionally spend a portion of our money. I love to talk about them and am thrilled to see everybody enjoy this hobby.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Trenor said:
Perhaps all the sellers.... If so, I need those guys..

Hrm, posting only snippets of what I actually said so it suits you. Then taking the statement in a totally different way then the haha joke it was meant as just to make it fit your narrative. Finally using a pretty lame political catch phase to top it all off. I think you got the political thing covered man. :p

It's all good. Make a list or don't. Do what ya like man.
Man, you are cracking me up tonight. The word you used "Perhaps" implies one of 2 things. 1. The person who wrote "perhaps", ie you, isn't sure of said info provided for whatever reason/s or 2. The reader doesn't entirely believe what the writer, ME, wrote.

Am I wrong here? If so, let me know! ;) When I read it, I basically thought you didn't believe me or you thought I was a liar.

If not, that is why I truncated your original reply. Posting snippets doesn't suit me, I'm certainly not hiding anything that cannot be found BEFORE that reply ;)

I truncated the words because I was focused on the word "perhaps", specifically your use of it. I really wasn't concerned about the info after it, as I had already provided the same info previously.

Quiet true on the politics, but I've read enough of your posts to know you'd understand the subtext haha. I know you're a smart guy.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
The OP wasn't asking what we kept so he'd know who to go to for help. This was a social thread, which a lot of people enjoy. What I don't get is why the people who don't want to participate in this type of thread hop in and and try to make out like these threads are the worst.
I did in fact participate, my entire list was cut and pasted with my initial post.

I didn't say they were the worst, just that they were insanely redundant... and because the forum provides everyone with a specific place to make a list, if everyone posted it in their profiles, it would be pretty pointless.

Also, like the op, this further discussion is just another social aspect related to the thread. I know when I got here it was a real disappointment to see "I'm too lazy to post" when I checked someones profile...which I still do with some frequency. It seems like less and less people post their lists nowadays, so you're certainly not alone trenor:)

I do think many new people would be quite happy to know that lists were readily available on everyone's profile...potentially.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know when I got here it was a real disappointment to see "I'm too lazy to post" when I checked someones profile...which I still do with some frequency. It seems like less and less people post their lists nowadays
Man, I could not agree more on that. I felt the same way, still do, when I check out profiles.

basin79

ArachnoGod
3rd list. Seems members are listing all their pets. I only listed my T's.

Tarantulas.
Avicularia Versicolor.
Brachypelma Smithi.
Chilobrachys Fimbriatus.
Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati.
Heteroscodra Maculata.
Megaphobema Mesomelas.
Poecilotheria Subfusca Lowland.
Poecilotheria Tigrinawesseli.
Theraphosa Blondi.

Spiders.
Ctenus red fang.
Cyclocosmia Ricketti.
Gandanameno sp x 2
Macrothele Gigas x 2
Phidippus Regius.
Sicarius Terrosus x 2.

Centipede.
Scolopendra Hardwickei.

Mantis.
Hierodula Majuscula.

Bugs.
Psytalla Horrida.

Vertebrates.
Bullmastiff.
Senegal parrot.
Tokay gecko.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Trenor , at the very least, it would eliminate this thread which seems to pop up brand new practically monthly. If all profiles had their list posted, no one would ever need to start a frivolous thread like this (over and over again) and all the newcomers wouldn't have to constantly ask what everyone is keeping and people would know who to talk to about specific species.

I just don't understand why one is on an active tarantula forum, but at the same time, won't take a few minutes to show their list...why the secrecy?

To each their own, I just don't understand why one wouldn't want to post their list. I mean there is certainly an upside to posting a list.....but absolutely no downside. For me posting a list while active on a forum is like wearing a seatbelt when I drive.....no I don't have to, but doing so can only be beneficial, even if it ultimately doesn't matter most days.
You don't have to wear your seat belt in the US?
They are mandatory in my country, not wearing them while driving can get you heavily fined, and in case of an accident, not wearing one can result in insurance not covering all costs.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
3rd list. Seems members are listing all there pets. I only listed my T's.

Tarantulas.
Avicularia Versicolor.
Brachypelma Smithi.
Chilobrachys Fimbriatus.
Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati.
Heteroscodra Maculata.
Megaphobema Mesomelas.
Poecilotheria Subfusca Lowland.
Poecilotheria Tigrinawesseli.
Theraphosa Blondi.

Spiders.
Ctenus red fang.
Cyclocosmia Ricketti.
Gandanameno sp x 2
Macrothele Gigas x 2
Phidippus Regius.
Sicarius Terrosus x 2.

Centipede.
Scolopendra Hardwickei.

Mantis.
Hierodula Majuscula.

Bugs.
Psytalla Horrida.

Vertebrates.
Bullmastiff.
Senegal parrot.
Tokay gecko.
I see what you did there. :D

Jeff23

Arachnolord
They are mandatory in my country, not wearing them while driving can get you heavily fined, and in case of an accident, not wearing one can result in insurance not covering all costs.
I think it varies with each state but I could be wrong. At one time some states only called it a violation if you were caught with some other violation (speeding, etc.) at the same time. But in South Carolina it gets you a ticket by itself.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think it varies with each state but I could be wrong. At one time some states only called it a violation if you were caught with some other violation (speeding, etc.) at the same time. But in South Carolina it gets you a ticket by itself.
Oh right, each state has its own laws, i forgot. So in one state 'who cares, screw seatbelts'. After five km entering other state, 'alright people, seatbelts on'.
Must be pretty confusing sometimes...

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
I really don't know what's up with some of you guys/girls in here?! This is just a thread for fun! If you don't want to post your lists here, then don't. I meant for it to just be a place for people to add what species/whatever they keep and chat about it if someone wants to. I don't have a list in my profile because, I didn't even know that was a thing? Honestly I've NEVER checked anyone's profile other than if I'm trying to find a certain topic or curious about what they've posted in the past.

Also if we're adding other animals I've also got:

Canis lupus familiaris 1.1 (Jack Russell and a Staffy mix)
Felis Catus 1.2
Python Regius 2.1
Heterometrus sp. 1.1

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Avicularia avicularia, versicolor, metallica, purpurea
Brachypelma albopilosum, smithi, verdezi
Cyriocosmus elegans, leetzi, perezmilesi, ritae
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Euathlus sp. Red, parvulus
Eupalaestrus campestratus
Grammostola actaeon, pulchra, pulchripes, porteri
Kochiana brunnipes
Lasiodora difficilis
Thrixopelma ockerti

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I really don't know what's up with some of you guys/girls in here?! This is just a thread for fun! If you don't want to post your lists here, then don't.
Agreed. There is certainly one thing that is far more annoying than these types of threads... having to go through dozens of posts from the same handful of people complaining about them because they can't seem to be able to just move right on past them to another thread and let other members enjoy this forum.
That is why the ignore function is so handy.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It is here too. It's against the law so if you don't have one on and live through the crash they can give you a ticket.

Oh right, each state has its own laws, i forgot. So in one state 'who cares, screw seatbelts'. After five km entering other state, 'alright people, seatbelts on'.
Must be pretty confusing sometimes...
I think all states have a seat belt law though child restraints requirements and the fines for breaking them vary between states.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Even here. I mean, here in Northern Italy, not the entire Italy :rofl:

In Napoli (Naples) they freak out, for instance, if someone drive a motorbike with the safety helmet on, for that he's someone ready to perform :shifty: things, or a Camorra soldier. More homicide than New York, in proportion :-s

Check this: in five, childrens included, without safety helmet, driving like nothing and the system "meh" of course :bored:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Get ready for my long list :happy:

0.0.1 Aphonophelma anax
0.1.1 Euathlus sp "red"
0.1.0 Grammastola pulchripes
-----------------------------------------
2 Canis lupus familiaris
Awesome little taco cat (RIP) :cat::angelic:
And there's a little Homo sapiens I spend a lot of time feeding and watering as well.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Get ready for my long list :happy:

0.0.1 Aphonophelma anax
0.1.1 Euathlus sp "red"
0.1.0 Grammastola pulchripes
-----------------------------------------
2 Canis lupus familiaris
Awesome little taco cat (RIP) :cat::angelic:
And there's a little Homo sapiens I spend a lot of time feeding and watering as well.
You chose the three most perfect ones.:D I want to steal that A. anax right now.:alien