Which tarantula species do you currently keep?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Ohhhhhkaaay.... After reading this thread I decided to fix my profile and include a list... obviously it's important. But first I had to make that list, so here goes (er... I'm new on this forum but not new to Ts...). It's mostly NW terrestrials although I've been branching out lately. At least I've just figured out I own 57 species... Oooops.

0.2 Acanthoscurria geniculata
0.1 Aphonopelma seemanni
(I thought Aphonopelmas were boring, but after I heard poeple raving about A. chalcodes... I guess I need one)
0.1.2 Avicularia diversipes (most recent)
1.1 Brachypelma albiceps
0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum
0.1 Brachypelma auratum
1.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.1 Brachypelma emilia (Emilia, my beloved first T ever)
0.1 Brachypelma schroederi
0.1 Brachypelma smithi
0.2 Brachypelma vagans
0.2 Brachypelma verdezi
0.1 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens
0.1 Cyclosternum fasziatum
0.0.3 Cyriopagopus schioedtei (another very recent acquisition)
0.1 Dolichothele diamantensis
0.1 Euathlus parvulus
0.1 Euathlus sp. fire (Josephine, she's sooo cute :) she participates in Arachnophobia therapy ;))
0.0.1 Eupalaestrus campestratus
1.2 Grammostola acteaon
0.1 Grammostola iheringi
1.2 Grammostola pulchra
0.1 Grammostola pulchripes
0.1 Grammostola rosea
0.1 Grammostola sp. Maule
1.1 Hapalopus sp. Colombia big
0.1 Homoeomma sp. Peru blue
0.1 Homoeomma sp. smaragd
1.1 Lasiodora difficilis
0.1 Lasiodora klugi
1.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.1.1 Megaphobema mesomelas
0.1 Megaphobema robustum
0.0.3 Monocentropus balfouri (group)
0.0.5 Nhandu carapoensis
0.2 Nhandu chromatus
0.1 Nhandu coloratovillosum
0.1 Pamphobeteus antinous
1.1 Pamphobeteus insignis
0.1 Pamphobeteus nigricolor
0.1 Pamphobeteus petersi
1.0.2 Pamphobeteus vespertinus
1.0 Phormictopus atrichomatus
1.0 Phormictopus cancerides
0.1 Phormictopus cautus violett
0.0.3 Phormictopus platus
1.2 Phormictopus sp. green
0.0.2 Plesiopelma sp. Bolivien
0.1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
0.1 Psalmopoeus irminia
0.1 Pterinopelma sazimai
0.1 Sericopelma generala
0.1 Stichoplastoris sp. "San Isidro" (Costa Rica)
0.1 Thrixooelma ockerti
0.1.23 Thrixopelma cyaneolum (0.1 was wild cought and dropped a sac :astonished:)
0.0.3 Vitalius paranaensis
1.1 Xenesthis immanis (my breeding project)
:astonished::astonished:

Owning over 50 species, and you're still being called a noob on the German forum? Insane.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
Thought it would be fun to join in on this
Tarantulas:
Brachypelma vagans
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Avicularia sp. peru purple
Avicularia avicularia
Aphonopelma seemani
Lasiodora parahybana

Other pets:
Russian Blue cat
Tortoiseshell cat
Beagle "old man" dog
Chihuahua mix dog
Definitely have the Taddiction though and am already planning on what my next 2 or 3 additions will be. Took it slow at first. Started collecting about a year ago and am only to 6 so far.... something tells me that number is going to grow pretty well in this next year's time!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Add the following to my list :D

0.1 B. albopilosum, Nicaraguan import
0.1 G. sp. "Maule"

boina

Lady of the mites
@Andrea82 : Owning over 50 species, and you're still being called a noob on the German forum? Insane.[/QUOTE]

@Bugmom @cold blood

They didn't know how many species I have! I just asked a question and if you ask a question you have to be a noob, right? Because, as we all know, once you are in the hobby for a few months you have it all figured out, right? No need to learn anything new. (sarcasm)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I will list the species that have stories behind them other than just an impulse buy.

Grammastola "porteri": The one started it all, had her since 2010
Grammastola rosea: She actually belongs to my girlfriend. I got it for her. She purchased tickets for us to go a reptile expo. She had the dates wrong and we went the week before. I was determined to buy spiders. So we went to the LPS I got my first T. I had her handle one and she absolute loved it. I bought the full set up for the spider. She thought I had bought for myself. when I dropped her off home, I told her "here you go". She cried and named her Chasity.
Poecilitheria Metallica: I have always wanted this spider. It was the ultimate tarantula for me ever since I found out about them. When I first got into the hobby, no body had them. If someone did, slings were $200 a piece and adults $700-800. I basically worshipped this spider. I never felt I was good enough to have one. I wanted to get the best set up out there for this spider, it was going to my display T. One day my girlfriend surprised me with one she picked up at a LPS.
Aphonopelma Chalcolodes: Birthday gift from my girlfriend
2x Avicularia metallica: Both times me and my girlfriend went to the LPS. She wanted to buy me a tarantula. She fell in love with the A.metallica when she saw it. She bought a tarantula for herself. This happened on two occasions. I am not joking.
Brachypelma "smithi": I felt this tarantula was always the "mascot" of tarantula hobby. I even have a tattoo of one. Had it for about 4 years and only about 3 inch DLS
Psalmopoeus pulcher: Christmas gift from my girlfriend
lasiodora parahybana: my first order from a breeder back in 2010. I use to have 4 but once they reached a larger size, those hairs man. I sold all but one because those hairs suck!
Brachypelma Vagans: same order from above. Out of all my T's guests always find this one the most pretty out of collection. Even though I have spiders like Xenethsis immanis, Thrixopelma cyaneolum, and Poeciletheria metallica.
Thrixopelma Cyaneolum: Picked her up recently. This was another spiders I have always wanted since when I first started. Searched high and for one of these but no luck. I eventually forgot this T existed until I went Jose's to make a order. He showed the spider and everything flooded back to me. I had to have it. These spiders are a real gem. If you come across one just buy it immediately because you will never know when you will see one again.

Theraphosa Stirmi: I sold this one last year. My girlfriend really wanted this spider. I advised her not to. I told her how bad the hairs are. I told her soooo many reasons not get one. We picked it up at reptile expo. When I was placing this spider in its new enclosure and it slammed my tongs from out hand and actually made the counter shake. She screamed and I noped the f$#* out of there. We sold that one away pretty quickly and she lost her interest in Theraphosa species.

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
:shifty:

0.1 P. striata
0.1 A chalcodes
0.1 H. incei
1.1.1 C. fimbriatus
1.0.1 A. geniculata
0.1 N. coloratovillosus
1.3 G. pulchripes
1.0 P. cancerides
0.1 E. sp. "Green"
2.1 E. truculentus
0.1 P. sp. "Black"
1.1 L. parahybana
0.0.1 P. scrofa
0.0.2 A. ezendami
0.1.1 P. cambridgei
1.0 C. argentinense
1.0.1 H. maculata
0.1.1 B. smithi
0.1.1 P. murinus
0.0.1 P. muticus
0.0.1 P. sazimai
0.1 B. emilia
0.1.1 B. albopilosum
0.1 G. porteri
0.0.1 N. chromatus
1.1.1 B. vagans
0.1 H. sp. "Columbia"
0.0.1 L. difficilus
0.1 A. seemanni
0.1 C. darlingi
0.0.1 H. gigas
1.0 M. robustum
1.2 M. balfouri
0.1 B. boehmei
0.1 T. stirmi

And a closet full of roaches. Happy?
What does the decimals in front of the names mean? Sorry, I'm a noob.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
0.0.1 Brachypelma Albopilosum
0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans
(Arriving in the mail soon)
0.0.2 Avicularia Avicularia