When do you know that you have an addiction to tarantulas?

Are you a tarantula addict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drea

Arachnosquire
So, I have problems with addiction. Big time. Whilst it started with drinking and drugs, it's still just overall a part of myself. So, when I had naught all to do, I started getting into spiders. Then I got excited about them. Then for a period there, anything rather negative was attempted to be counter-acted with a spider purchase, I was severely bored, etc. I started to recognize that the old feelings of addiction had landed onto something else. Thankfully I calmed down and was able to ground myself before things got anywhere close to out of control but it was a bit on edge there for a little while. So, I would say I am most definitely still addicted to tarantulas but am being much more responsible about it nowadays.

Many doctors, therapist, and other professionals will say trading one addiction for another of any kind is still a problem. However, I am safely assuming that they also haven’t been awake for days, shaking and vomiting, hanging out with some very dangerous people in equally Dangerous situations, and fighting something as hard as you can only to feel guilty because you couldn’t.

Most of us who have been through or had to witness someone go through it will say collectively Tarantulas as way to help you stay clean is great thing compared to the others. If boredom hits again, find another healthy hobby that can you use to stay in track. Gardening, working out, fishing, anything else but a back slide.

Stay clean man because you don’t want to have to go through the hard part of DT’s again. I will be praying for you.

Dang, I have done so well with keeping the jokes going but I guess we all have our soft spots.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Started with one, said I would just try this hobby. Three months after and I'm buying sling after sling every month until I stopped myself because I got no more space to put them. :rofl:

Now I have almost 50 tarantulas and 6 scorpions, sold some and then bought some more, just maintaining the numbers at 50-60, but I still have a few more species left on my wish list.

Most times you just sit in front of those enclosures, passing time watching what they're doing though they mostly do nothing. :D

Fujimoto29

Arachnopeon
In my opinion, it is very satisfying to keep many species of tarantula and watch them grow, breed, etc. there's no problem as long as you're happy for what you do and knowing your limits as a keeper. We only live once hahahaha.

spodermin

Arachnosquire
When the only reason you have organic produce in your house is to feed to your crickets :rofl: I'm such a sad person bahaha

Drea

Arachnosquire
When you go to a pet store and the employees ask you what slings you have for sell.