When do you know that you have an addiction to tarantulas?

Are you a tarantula addict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drea

Arachnosquire
I find its use in this context stupid. Particularly when new people write "yeah I think I getting addicted, because I can't...." as if they have absolutely no control, which they definitely do.

Am I correct in assuming knock knock jokes are also not tolerable for you either?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hahaha I was done after bra corrects to Brachypelma. Tears in my eyes man. Love it
Bwahahaha glad you found it amusing!

That's not true at all. We circle around the sun, that is NOT subjective.
The term "Sun" is subjective, since we circle around a star ;)

But I am, of course, just being contrary now :p

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What about really dry humor?

I tend to have a sick, slightly morbid sense of humor, but I fear that will get me banned.
I couldn't tell you what will get banned, other than read the TOS.

Also, w/out emoticons, text has no tone, even w/emoticons at times.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What about really dry humor?

I tend to have a sick, slightly morbid sense of humor, but I fear that will get me banned.
But that type of humor is appreciated by many, including me. Not sure how well it translates on a forum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bwahahaha glad you found it amusing!

The term "Sun" is subjective, since we circle around a star ;)

But I am, of course, just being contrary now :p
No, you are wrong. Sun is not a subjective term. It's not a specific term per se, in that there are different types of suns. However, only an idiot would think a person meant something other than a star when someone wrote or said sun in an astronomical context.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I find its use in this context stupid. Particularly when new people write "yeah I think I getting addicted, because I can't...." as if they have absolutely no control, which they definitely do.
A better word would be hoarding instead of addiction.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
When there is a chance you may have a T room in your future, you are probably an addict.

Having an appreciation for adorable slings is not a symptom for an addict, unless you want to take them all home with you.

Do you want to take them all home with you? Remember, this is a safe place.

When you lose sleep, don’t care about personal hygiene and don’t have time to eat because you are spending time with you T’s or other inverts, you are probably an addict.

This is a strong indication of suffering from a T addiction. Please seek out the closest breeder to you for further assistance immediately.

Based on your answers, you have 2 and more symptoms of being an addict. Even though you have not reached 20 T’s yet, you are still considered an addict based on this pre screening test. Please select yes I am an addict. We will not judge you here.

This appears to be an emergency situation and if a breeder isn’t available within 24 hours, you may go out side and catch true spiders and collect those until a breeder can be located.
Yes, I want to take all the slings home with me. Shh, don't tell my family!

Oh no! An emergency? Help! Someone get me a breeder! :anxious:

More possible symptoms to add to the tests:

- Watching the classifieds subforum even though you can't buy more Ts.

- Sneaking in Ts and keeping them secret.

- Spending a very high proportion of your paycheck on Ts.

- The best part of your week is a molt or seeing one of your tarantulas drink. The best part of you month is obtaining more Ts.

- When Ts are the only thing that could keep you rambling for hours.

- You keep a hoard of salvaged plastic food containers, sterilite tubs, bottle caps, deli cups, substrate, and the like just in case.

- An ideal date would be hanging out by looking at and talking about Ts. Then ordering some together and splitting the costs so you don't have to pay shipping separately. That is, if you can find someone who is as into them as you are.

- You plan to become a breeder and dealer in the future.

Drea

Arachnosquire
A better word would be hoarding instead of addiction.
Have you seen the show, “Hoarders”?

I can’t imagine walking into a tarantula hoard. Most people who hoard animals don’t care of the at all and the animals are running all the place.

Ok, I change my mind, I can imagine walking into tarantula hoarders house...with endless deli cups.

Drea

Arachnosquire
Yes, I want to take all the slings home with me. Shh, don't tell my family!

It’s ok MintyWood, we won’t tell. However, we will help sneak them in and rehouse with you.

- Watching the classifieds subforum even though you can't buy more Ts.

Does filling my carts at places like Fear NoT Tarantulas and PalpFiction, never closing the web pages just in case I win the lottery so I can just hit the check out option without hesitation count?

- Sneaking in Ts and keeping them secret.

Um is really sneakiness if you only bring them in when everyone is sleeping or not home just so you don’t have to hear words said with attitude like: really, more, seriously, unbelievable?

I call it being considerate.

- Spending a very high proportion of your paycheck on Ts.

Guilty. I have had an all time low when I debated about getting groceries to eat or a confirmed juvenile female M. Robustum.

She is gorgeous by the way and I lost 10 pounds. So really, this win all the way.

- When Ts are the only thing that could keep you rambling for hours.

I still do that so I think I am ok here.

- You keep a hoard of salvaged plastic food containers, sterilite tubs, bottle caps, deli cups, substrate, and the like just in case.

Yes I do but not because I am addicted, because I am prepared for the inevitable.

- An ideal date would be hanging out by looking at and talking about Ts. Then ordering some together and splitting the costs so you don't have to pay shipping separately. That is, if you can find someone who is as into them as you are.

That just explained why I have been single for 5 years. I thought it was because I wasn’t approachable like my friends say. I just waiting for date offer like that.

I am so glad I chose the denial option because that makes me not accountable for T purchases. Phew

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Where do the people who have exactly 20 fall into this category, hmm? But in all seriousness, I didn't even realize I have 20 until just now. Though that number will fluctuate for a bit as I loan out a MM or two, gain some from a prior loan, and sell some. They take up such little space (depending on the species) and require such little care that I'd hardly consider that an addiction.

Drea

Arachnosquire
Where do the people who have exactly 20 fall into this category, hmm? But in all seriousness, I didn't even realize I have 20 until just now. Though that number will fluctuate for a bit as I loan out a MM or two, gain some from a prior loan, and sell some. They take up such little space (depending on the species) and require such little care that I'd hardly consider that an addiction.

Did you answer yes to 2 or more of anything on list which also includes additional questions that have been posted since the original post?

Did you actually go and count how many you have? :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No, you are wrong. Sun is not a subjective term. It's not a specific term per se, in that there are different types of suns. However, only an idiot would think a person meant something other than a star when someone wrote or said sun in an astronomical context.
Just because you disagree with me does not make me wrong ;)
"Only an idiot?" Well, that still means it is possible. And I am sure there are people who do not know that the Sun is a star.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just because you disagree with me does not make me wrong ;)
"Only an idiot?" Well, that still means it is possible. And I am sure there are people who do not know that the Sun is a star.

It isn't only me who knows you are wrong. Anyone with common knowledge and had Earth Science in high school does too hah :p There are of course many who haven't had that education and would also tell you that you are wrong too :smug:

Fat/skinny/stupid/smart all subjective

Sun- no

Last edited: